(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I’m honestly surprised we are even getting back a 4th round pick. I thought it would have been future considerations.

I think there's fairly universal belief around the league that Mikheyev will bounce back. I heard that in a report somewhere.

I think his negative value was a bit overblown.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

It’s worked out pretty well there for Dickinson. Mik will get lots of opportunity to prove himself.

this is the approach Milstein will probably take ,  a lot can positives can happen.  Getting ice time to prove his next contract is a must ..  and that is / should be the concern for both Ilya and Dan.

• Billabong changed the title to (Trade) Canucks working on trading Mikheyev

If he doesn’t waive his NTC, the Canucks can waive him and the Blackhawks can still claim him off waivers (2nd highest waiver priority, so he is pretty much going to end up there unless the Sharks claim him) and we can still trade the second round pick plus rights to Lafferty for a 4th round pick in a separate trade.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

I think there's fairly universal belief around the league that Mikheyev will bounce back. I heard that in a report somewhere.

I think his negative value was a bit overblown.

It might not be next year though too it could be the year after his true bounce back is.

Even then poor guy cant stay healthy look at his games played.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Happy with this trade, Mikheyev should be good with it, he's not going to be very popular in Vancouver if he refuses this. 

Cap space is more valuable than a 2nd rounder right now, and he'd be joining an up and coming team.

If he doesn't waive they'll just buy him out, putting him on waivers probably doesn't remove all his cap unless a teak wants him for free

Edited by Coconuts

Just now, RJCF96 said:

If he doesn’t waive his NTC, the Canucks can waive him and the Blackhawks can still claim him off waivers (2nd highest waiver priority, so he is pretty much going to end up there unless the Sharks claim him) and we can still trade the second round pick plus rights to Lafferty for a 4th round pick in a separate trade.

IMG_1022.gif

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

A 2nd to dump cap on Chicago, sounds familiar 

It's worked out for them in the past...they liked Dickinson so much they signed him to a big new extension. LOL 

Ended up trading Beauviller at this years deadline i believe 

1 minute ago, RJCF96 said:

True, but if he is adamant about not wanting to play for the Hawks then they might sour on him and look elsewhere. There are probably some other teams that would likely to give up a 2nd to dump a bad contract as well. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If he doesn't waive they'll just buy him out, putting him on waivers probably doesn't remove all his cap unless a teak wants him for free

Yup, I'm actually surprised that we got rid of him without a buyout. If we have to do that, he's not getting a new contract for more than 2 million, he's better to accept the trade and preserve his current agreement. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

It might not be next year though too it could be the year after his true bounce back is.

Even then poor guy cant stay healthy look at his games played.

He has 1 20 goal season in the NHL, and that was a contract year.

Just now, King Heffy said:

He has 1 20 goal season in the NHL, and that was a contract year.

im aware.

I look at the perceived bounce back is in his speed/knee and pking ability.

And hes not exactly an NHL ironman