(Trade) Canucks have traded Mikheyev

Not that concerned about a 2nd in terms of hoping to draft some stud in the future, for me it’s more about limiting future deadline deals.

However if this frees us up to sign some important pieces I guess it’s the cost of doing business. Glad it sounds like we might be getting a 4th back at least.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Petey O said:

Yep. This is pretty huge if it goes through.

5.5~ for Zad. 3 for Myers. 9.5 for Guentzel. 1~ for Silovs, and you have a bit over 3 mil after that to fill a couple more spots with depth.

I’m not sold on Guentzel at $9.5 million. But it seems this management likes him so it probably happens. I’d put a friendly wager that we don’t sign him but I’m already in the hole with that…. 🤨

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Who's the RHD target ahead of Myers?

Roy?

I guess it would be Roy than the next option it would be Carrier.

But Roy is getting more than Demelo hes going to be prolly in the 5-6M range.

And Carrier is going to be in the 4-5M range with a UFA RHD pay bump.

Myers on the open market would probably be able to get 4-5M as well on a short term deal from many teams.

So Myers at 2.5-3.5 is probably a better option than a lot of RHD on the market value wise.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

To add a bit of intrigue ... Fair Deal? Would you do it?

image.png.d122a2b09b166b0f9319246bad915455.png

What's the intriguing part?  Isn't this the same news we've had for the past 30min? 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not that concerned about a 2nd in terms of hoping to draft some stud in the future, for me it’s more about limiting future deadline deals.

However if this frees us up to sign some important pieces I guess it’s the cost of doing business. Glad it sounds like we might be getting a 4th back at least.

It’s the equivalent of trading that 2nd round pick for whoever we sign in free agency with the extra $5 million. Any free agent who’s worth is $5 million is worth a 2nd round pick. Plus we are getting a 4th back so it’s really a 3rd round pick for a $5 million free agent. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m not sold on Guentzel at $9.5 million. But it seems this management likes him so it probably happens. I’d put a friendly wager that we don’t sign him but I’m already in the hole with that…. 🤨

Canucks have resigned blueger and hronek when the insiders said we're not close. Also traded mikheyev when they said it's not likely

Insiders have a lot of noise around Zad and Guentzel

So when comparing actions vs assumptions ... our moves are unpredicted

Probably our next move hasn't even been talked about. Watch this trade to free up cap is for them to actually make another trade to bring someone in and it's not related to Free Agency at all

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

What's the intriguing part?  Isn't this the same news we've had for the past 30min? 

Thank you for your diligence on policing the forum ... I missed the update here as I thought I was in a different thread. 

Just now, bh90 said:

Canucks have resigned blueger and hronek when the insiders said we're not close. Also traded mikheyev when they said it's not likely

Insiders have a lot of noise around Zad and Guentzel

So when comparing actions vs assumptions ... our moves are unpredicted

Probably our next move hasn't even been talked about. Watch this trade to free up cap is for them to actually make another trade to bring someone in and it's not related to Free Agency at all

Necas?  Or better yet, poach teams tight against the cap and get talent for pennies on the dollar.   Erik Cernak please.

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Thank you for your diligence on policing the forum ... I missed the update here as I thought I was in a different thread. 

Sorry, I was genuinely asking.  Wasn't trying to be a dick.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, rmok said:

You just know he is going to score 25-30 this year on another team. That's just the way things go for ex canucks.. they have career years and win cups. 

Good. 

I wish all my ex girlfriends a prospus life

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Myers?

I've got another RHD and some bottom 6 grit ahead of my to do list before Myers.

Would rather trade for Marino. He has 3 years left at 4.4 mil cap hit

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Whether it's Guentzel at 9.5 or Marchessault at 6ish as a stopgap option until Lekkerimaki can potentially step in, I'll just be glad that EP is getting a legitimate top 6 winger.

I'll be confident in whatever this FO does. I trust them.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Call me crazy... But I don't know how I feel about this. I'm so fucking over paying people to take out mistakes. Dude had a bum knee, why not just give him a chance to see if he's better this year?

Because we can't take a big swing for elite ufas. 

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm not either. He's good but they need two wingers not one.

He isn't light years ahead of Lindholm. So it is a one for one trade off and I like centers better.

Edited by chris12345
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Rekker said:

I will drive him to the airport, any airport. 

I’ll come with you and tell him Chicago is a mix of Ny, Beverly Hills, Honolulu, Paris, Rome , and penticton.  Great place to be! 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Call me crazy... But I don't know how I feel about this. I'm so fucking over paying people to take out mistakes. Dude had a bum knee, why not just give him a chance to see if he's better this year?

Because this core is in a contention window, and the FO isn't going to risk tossing out a year of that window just to rehabilitate a guy making almost 5 mil when that money can be spent for an upgrade on wing/defense.

The Canucks aren't in a transition phase. They're in a "win now" phase.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1