[Rumour] Utah looking for a top pairing D

Be interesting to see what moves they make to build the roster this offseason, they certainly have assets to spend and financial power backing them now.

Chychrun?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

They should be looking for a defensemen, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they currently have 0 signed?

They'll sign Durzi, but other than that it's anyone's guess 

They've got 42.5M in cap space though, over 50M with LTIR candidates

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

They should be looking for a defensemen, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they currently have 0 signed?

They have a few defensemen that are as yet unsigned but RFAs (not sure when the qualifying offer deadline is)

22 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

holy crap, just looked at the capfriendly (RIP), yep no one signed. 3 RFAs tho. 

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

They'll sign Durzi, but other than that it's anyone's guess 

They've got 42.5M in cap space though, over 50M with LTIR candidates

Don’t forget Moser. 
Kesselring too on a cheap deal, but they definitely should be looking to add D through UFA or surrendering some picks

• Upvote 1

Top pairing if through trades will be an older D and a team wants to get some cap space so will give up perfectly good player for a good price.   Nurse's name keeps popping into my head but I don't consider him top pairing.  Larsson form Seattle or Theodore.  Must be more names out there.

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

10(!) 2nd round picks over the next 3 years, fudge ton of cap space at 42 mil.

I wonder if the draft night show will be Utah killing it on trades. 

Arizona/Utah is the funnest franchise to play in NHL 24. Lol. You can build a nutty team really easily with their draft capital and cap space. I truly feel bad for Arizona fans. It finally looked like their team was possibly on their way. Oh well. They should and hopefully will be the most active team this summer.