[Speculation] Latest On Jacob Trouba - Detroit bound?

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I would imagine that they would get an actual return if retaining this much, but they wouldn’t want to take money back.

I wonder if a 3rd team gets involved to retain. A team like the Hawks could get a nice return for some retention for a couple years. 

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Brooks is reporting it is $2.5 million retained to Detroit.

I take Trouba at that price, $6.5 million for a mega top pairing guy.  Zadorov wanted more than 5 and he has little resume as a top 4 player.

Hughes-Trouba

Soucy-Hronek

Cole type vet - Myers

Juulsen

I could see JR and PA making a move like this, they seem to know exactly what moves make our team stronger. If they are moving on from Zadorov, this is the kind of player I see them pursuing.

It's Brooks but..

Monday is the day that Jacob Trouba’s no-move clause transforms to a 15-team no-trade list. There are apparently hurt feelings on the part of the captain, maybe even deservedly so over the way the club’s intentions were splashed all over the papers and the internet last week.

If Trouba does not approve a trade to Detroit that is believed in place, he will ultimately be sent somewhere else, perhaps by waivers. The decision has been made.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/01/sports/rangers-chris-drury-cant-overreact-in-nhl-free-agency/