[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

20 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

lmao the juxtaposition between Allvin and Jim "ran out of time" Benning is insane.

I get it - Benning made quite a few mistakes and Allvin is doing some master work. But the operating climates could not be more different. Benning was dealing with an unprecedented flat cap world whereas Allvin has an increased and increasing cap situation.

This is 2 players now that have taken below market deals - we have something special here and the players know it. Great signings, bring on some more!

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks to me that they are going to make a goalie decision this summer.  If they are brining DeSmith back, then that means most likely Silovs will be traded...

To STL

Arturs Silovs

To VAN

Alex Toropchenko

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/player/alexey-toropchenko/270854

6'6" 222lbs Toropchenko with our very own Vasili Podkolzin on the 4th line wings please.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, LunarPoetry said:

I get it - Benning made quite a few mistakes and Allvin is doing some master work. But the operating climates could not be more different. Benning was dealing with an unprecedented flat cap world whereas Allvin has an increased and increasing cap situation.

This is 2 players now that have taken below market deals - we have something special here and the players know it. Great signings, bring on some more!

Not even so much the deals, but the fact that Allvin doesn't waste time. He gets shit done. The debate of whether or not his deals and signings are good is a worthwhile one too, but you can't argue that he doesn't get things done way more efficiently than Benning ever did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

After playing 13 games in the playoffs, I highly doubt Silovs would agree to sign a two-way deal to play in Abby for one more year...

He doesn't have to sign a two way deal. The Canucks can sign him to a one way, and he still plays on the AHL.

It gives goaltending depth, which was just proven to be a very good thing, and allows him to develop further. Silovs is only 23, another year in the AHL playing more games will do him well.

So basically we traded our 2nd in 2027 and laffy to keep joshua. Ya, thats easily worth it. Hell ya brother. 

I heard rumors that detroit was prepared to offer 4+/year to joshua. Considering that this is his home town, we should be thanking joshua for truly showing that he wants to be a canuck

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

He doesn't have to sign a two way deal. The Canucks can sign him to a one way, and he still plays on the AHL.

It gives goaltending depth, which was just proven to be a very good thing, and allows him to develop further. Silovs is only 23, another year in the AHL playing more games will do him well.

We aren't going to sign him to a $1 million one way deal to play in Abby.  That makes no sense...

Nice to see a competent management group that can get guys to resign for less and leave even a little bit on the table, after the Hronek Joshua and Bluger contracts I have even more faith in them than I did before. It’s also nice because you there is a lot of disappointed fans of other teams out there who were really hoping big time to be able to sign Joshua.