[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

Wow. Nice. I usually turn my TV on as soon as I'm settled in after work. PVR Donnie 'n' Dahli and watch it. But it was on CTV news and within minutes of sitting down in my comfy chair with my favourite hot beverage, they report of this and the Myers signing. Needless to say, big smile on my face.

This management team never ceases to amaze me. Ilya and a 2027 2nd along with Lafferty to the Hawks. Had to do it. Even though we retain a small sum to move Mika, it still got us the cap to make these signings. I'm happy we signed these guys. They obviously wanted to. be here.

I wonder what management's working on now.......Hmmmm..............Could it be Zadz?!?!!???

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

dunno, who's really going to be a good partner for Petey... Tofu? that has Pearson stank all over it at his age now.

It's really tough, there aren't many legit goal scorers out there for us that make sense on term. 

Toffoli and Petey had amazing chemistry before Benning, “Ran out of time.”

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

That’s one of the few of ways left.

Silovs showed he could take some heat with Our defence.

Demko could be a trade bait with par example the Leafs ir Oilers that are desperate.

If so we get a really good winger and can keep Zad without any problem.

It waa kinda how Demko took over the starter position, all be it, he was older...

But if management sees a good deal, or perhaps feel they can rely on Demko due to his injury history, or see a deal worth pursuing, just like you say, who knows, if he is in play. 

Demko is also due a raise soon, so something has got to give somewhere next season. 

47 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Toffoli legendary for 10 games with us and 7 in the Playoffs.

Yeah, my only concern with Toffoli is his foot speed. He's not getting any faster as he's getting older. How does he hold up in Tocchet's system? 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, my only concern with Toffoli is his foot speed. He's not getting any faster as he's getting older. How does he hold up in Tocchet's system? 

Brock does just fine. If Toffoli is playing with Hogs and Petey his speed should not be an issue.

6 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

I dont see Lindholm signing here for reasons previously posted. Zads and a Petey winger are top priorities. Lindy to Beantown.

Yeah I mean I don’t either but I liked what he brought in the playoffs. What I should’ve maybe specified is hopefully now we know the cap we have to work with to get Z and another top 6 guy 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jetliner said:

Fk lindholm

Lmao I replied to another comment that I should have been a bit clearer as I meant to say we are hopefully getting these lesser contracts cleaned up so we know what we are working with when it comes to plugging the more major roster spots

5 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Pretty stoked about the moves so far.

Emilie is sharpening her pen and signing value contracts. PA is on a roll. Mik out, Laff out, Joshua and Blueger in. 

IMG_4168.gif

This is no LAFFING matter….

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

Toffoli legendary for 10 games with us and 7 in the Playoffs.

PPG with the Canucks in the regular season. He hasn't done that anywhere else (small sample size, I know, although it was during the end of the season, so usually tougher to score)

Just hope if he does come here that we don't go overboard on term.

I'll take it. While I thought that could have been a position we fill from within for cheaper, I don't hate bringing him back.i was just worried it would be a bit much and he'd regress.

Now hopefully Zadorov and another forward (plus Silovs), and then can see if we need further changes during the season. We still have to find some of that magic from the first half of last year, but let's see how it goes.

Edited by elvis15

9 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Her parents must be so proud of her… 

This just in…

news flash…

she just undergone the witness protection plan…

due to overwhelming internet attention from horny dudes 

apparently she’s been moved to an undisclosed location under a pseudonym 

Sesame Street News GIF by Muppet Wiki

It just keeps getting better.  This is gold:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

This one came in exactly where it was supposed to (Myers as well).  So far Allvin had shaved 600k on the expected prices (Blueger/Hronek).   Thing is, in an open market you never do know.   And zero overpayments so far! 

Made up for the retention on Mikheyev already.   Pretty fantastic.    Hope he can keep it up.   Zadarov next please!   Team must be pleased at this too. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's not a Tochett type.   Absolutely couldn't be found in the Vegas series aside from one game where out of nowhere was in to shoot into a wide open net.     The contact is so minimal, he becomes invisible?    If he loses his speed further, could be harder to find those easy sneaky tap ins, which are part of his bread and butter. 

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wasn’t Dhali. Was on the 590 morning show. So a couple Toronto dorks. But the rumours were out there, none the less. Fact is DJ took a hometown discount to stay. So did Bluegar. Now we will see if Big Z and Chaos will do the same. 

It wasn't a discount.    4 would have been an overpayment, a JB  moran type.    These guys might be desired by other teams.     Some of the numbers been thrown out are just speculation.    So far the numbers these guys are getting signed at are two right in where they should be, both an extra year is debatable (Myers and DJ),  and two guys below expected market value and one of those we had the rights to still (Hronek).   4 guys signed, shaved 600k off the main list (analytics).   Dobber?   His list not as bullish on some of our guys. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Damn, it does feel like this management group has a plan, prioritize, keep their mouth shut and executes. 

I never thought they'd get DJ signed. Amazed!

same here. I was pretty sure because of how quiet it was, that he was as good as gone. Tells you how much us fans know. 

20 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Damn, it does feel like this management group has a plan, prioritize, keep their mouth shut and executes. 

I never thought they'd get DJ signed. Amazed!

It's created a bit of a vacuum.   Media starts making stuff up if they don't get thrown anything.  

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would Silovs agree to a two way deal for $300k?  He's an RFA who can be offer sheeted.  There are teams out there who might pay him $2 million per to be their starter, or at least a 1B backup...

If he if offer sheeted then it's going to be a number Vancouver can match. I doubt he gets anywhere near $1 Million considering his lack of actual NHL games.  

26 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

If he if offer sheeted then it's going to be a number Vancouver can match. I doubt he gets anywhere near $1 Million considering his lack of actual NHL games.  

995k x 2 year deal is what's expected.   He's going to get a deal.    Not much over league min. 

• Like 1

As for the DJ signing, of all the UFA's, figured we'd be letting him go.   Not expecting more than Pearson could do,  plus the hitting which is a key part of his game.   They aren't love taps.   15-20 goals and intangible's.   

He would have left a big hole in the lineup...actually think we need at least on more big body if not two upfront.    Don't see our fourth line as anything special at all.   Need energy PKers in it. With size.   Not guys who score 10 goals and don't have size or if they do  (Aman), don't use it. 

Id take a flyer on Wheeler or even Corey Perry, fifth times the charm right?

Edited by IBatch