[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

Wow, I thought he was s as good as gone. Love the player. The contract we will see, but I chose faith in JR and PA. Feels weird saying these things. Glad to keep Dakota’s grit on the team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

A little more than I would of liked but worth it if he continues with his growth as a player. Consistency will need to be his target. To have Gar-Blug-Dakota as a third line again for two more years. That is some excellent work by management. Excellent work.

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I’m honestly okay with this any higher the contract I’d be uncomfortable.

he’s grown as a pker 

he’s our most physical forward 

we missed him dearly when he was hurt

he shown he can be a 20 goal guy

if he has a big summer and take another step this could be a hell of a contract 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Wow, I had guessed he priced himself out of Vancouver. He’s got the soft hands and some great work ethic on hitting, and chemistry with Garland can’t be denied. 
This is great… Hope we still have budget for Zadorov.

• Like 2

I'm surprised Canucks retained him, but at that price point, it makes sense.  $3.25M means he would need to be about a 30 point man to make the cap hit worthwhile.  I think that's totally doable.

On the open market I expected he would have got close to $4M (I predicted $3.8M x 4).  Canucks got a bit of a discount here.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua would have made us a smaller team...

This cannot be understated. Joshau and hopefully Zads are intangibles this team cannot afford to move away from. Finding replacements is a dangerous game so hoping  like hell that Zads is next up. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2