[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I'm surprised Canucks retained him, but at that price point, it makes sense.  $3.25M means he would need to be about a 30 point man to make the cap hit worthwhile.  I think that's totally doable.

On the open market I expected he would have got close to $4M (I predicted $3.8M x 4).  Canucks got a bit of a discount here.

I am pleasantly surpised as well as I thought he was good as gone. Really, it's like paying a second to aquire Joshua and lose Mik. Absolutely worth it and just excellent work by Alvin et all. Excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I would have preferred to have let him walk, but that price ain't so bad and neither is the term 

Hope he's ready for next season, with a bigger contract come larger expectations 

I would like to see himself aspire to second line minutes during the year as an experiment...he seems to have got it now..like Zadarov and a smart parent, we push our children to succeed when they have talent .... Alvin and Jim are better parents than prior administrations.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm surprised Canucks retained him, but at that price point, it makes sense.  $3.25M means he would need to be about a 30 point man to make the cap hit worthwhile.  I think that's totally doable.

On the open market I expected he would have got close to $4M (I predicted $3.8M x 4).  Canucks got a bit of a discount here.

When you say 30 points is that factoring in things like PK and physicality?

• -AJ- pinned and featured this topic

hummm okay but now we have the real holes to fill, and our space is diminushing, and don't tell me we go again with Suter on top 6. 

xxx Miller Boeser

Hoglander Petey xxx

Joshua Blueger Garland

PdG Suter Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes Hronek

xxx xxx

Soucy Juulsen

Friedman

Demko

xxx

please dont go after Guentzel, we need to split space into two bonafides top 6 (Marchessault, Skinner, Toffoli) , Zadorov and a top 4 def (Dillon, Tanev...) 

Edited by DexM94
  • Cheers 2

Just now, testycal said:

I would like to see himself aspire to second line minutes during the year as an experiment...he seems to have got it now..like Zadarov and a smart parent, we push our children to succeed when they have talent .... Alvin and Jim are better parents than prior administrations.

I don't agree with everything they do, but by and large they have absolutely done a much better job

Could Joshua be a middle six tweener instead of a third liner? Maybe, guess we'll see 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Great deal, amazing to have him back thought we lost him

Not sure it's great, but certainly less than market. 

This was the loyalty part I've been talking about, so good to see both sides give a bit.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I don't agree with everything they do, but by and large they have absolutely done a much better job

Could Joshua be a middle six tweener instead of a third liner? Maybe, guess we'll see 

Nobody is 100% and so much of why things do or don’t work is chemistry which can be hard to predict. 
‘It is amazing how well we move on from the moves that don’t work.