[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

When you say 30 points is that factoring in things like PK and physicality?

Pretty much.  If he only put up 25 points, it wouldn't be the end of the world... especially as the cap rises.

• Cheers 2

Blueger and Joshua for 5M, 3rd line for 10M total is tidy business.

The defence is surely next, Myers must be coming at 3M and then a lot of wild cards like Zadorov or Lindholm but with the Mikheyev trade and some tidy business, you never know.

I think we end ip keeping everyone except Lindholm. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

So glad he's back. 

Ppl are forgetting that his combination of size, speed and skill is not an easy find. He's not a superstar power forward but he's a very good 3rd liner. 

Garland drive the line but his size and physicality made that possible. 

Best 3rd line in the league. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, German Canuck said:

I think this signing is a no to Guentzel. 

Now they are looking for cheaper top 6 players.

Got plenty of money left to spend. They will upgrade a top 6 winger. Might not be JG. But they will. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Looks like the players recognize the opportunity they all have together and are willing to be team friendly to take the next steps. 

Allvin also made it clear earlier they need guys to be team friendly. 

Things are clearly not happening at the extremes like so many feared, concerned, and stood fast on. 

The thing I like about it is, it means we won't be overpaying Zadorov. I know many here want to throw money at him. But we need and want guys willing to leave a little meat on the bone. Zads at 5+mil is just not it. His camp is trying heavily to act like they are leaving money on the table. But anything over 5mil is not leaving money on the table. He could sign 6x5mil today and it's at best market value. Lets hope he sees this deal and signs his soon enough.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, German Canuck said:

Doubt they have much relation. We had cap for Guentzel before we traded Mik and after this we have an extra 750k from moving Mik leftover and 100k from Blueger pay cut. 

I was kind of thinking $2.5-$3 max or look elsewhere. Riding Garland and unsustainable shooting % to a career year...Just hoping we're not sending CHI another 2nd in a season or 2 🤣

Keep it up DJ! (or else 😒 ) 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Everything I've seen out there lately regarding Guentzel points to Carolina being determined to have him signed before the draft 

The Canucks will improve their top 6, it's just a guessing game of how 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Looks like the players recognize the opportunity they all have together and are willing to be team friendly to take the next steps. 

Allvin also made it clear earlier they need guys to be team friendly. 

Things are clearly not happening at the extremes like so many feared, concerned, and stood fast on. 

These small sacrifices by each player are gonna seriously pay off here.  Zadorov has gotta see what's happening here.  Hope he comes in under $5M. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

This is not bad at all. Might be just a tad bit expensive but I think we can live with it if he can replicate his performance last year. I really thought we're going to lose him but sounds like RT pushed hard to get him back. 

One more checked off the list. Great job by management so far. We still have about 17M of cap to work with?

If he has become a 20-ish goal guy and can do that for these 4 years, great value contract. One wonders, with questions about his fitness/dedication in the past (from Tocchet himself), if he can keep pushing his game forward. I hope so, because he’s the kind of player the Canucks are in short supply of.

I keep looking for holes in the JR/PA regime, but there really aren’t that many…other than dealing out draft picks like candy, which goes against my love of the draft and development process.

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

lmao the juxtaposition between Allvin and Jim "ran out of time" Benning is insane.

We are witnessing the difference between professionals and amateur hour.

Tell me how you protect 3 NHL dman in an expansion draft and 2 of them don't make your opening roster.

• Like 2