[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I was kind of thinking $2.5-$3 max or look elsewhere. Riding Garland and unsustainable shooting % to a career year...Just hoping we're not sending CHI another 2nd in a season or 2 🤣

Keep it up DJ! (or else 😒 ) 🤣

Yea... But it's not close to 4 so you have to think there's a good chance that like repeats it performance.

I like how only 1 person gave OP the weiner emoji lmao

Happy to have DK back. the best 3rd line in the league is reunited... now we just need a winger for petey and zads and we're set...  maybe myers/tanev/other D if the price is right

• Wiener 2

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I was kind of thinking $2.5-$3 max or look elsewhere. Riding Garland and unsustainable shooting % to a career year...Just hoping we're not sending CHI another 2nd in a season or 2 🤣

At least he goes to the tough areas of the ice, but yeah, hopefully he can maintain his production 

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Alvin is a genius.  The 3rd line of Garland, Blue and Joshua is intact.  Now all he needs is another top 6 winger to play with Petey and sign Zaddy and we can push for another playoff run.  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If Podz gets to play with Miller, maybe it's just 1 forward for Petey? 

We do have internal options. The only thing that worries me about Podz and Hoggy as options with Petey are their TOI. Can they handle the extra minutes per game and the wear and tear that it will bring?

Edited by RWMc1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not at all interested in sighing Chris Tanev and even more - so not Tyler Toffoli. Why? Been there, done that and it'snot good cap management. I doubt 

Canuck's brass will go that route.

Agreed on Toffoli. Like the player well enough, but I want something that feels new and exciting. Toffoli would feel a bit like settling to me…but I wouldn’t hate it. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Jeez these guys do not waste any time once they set their mind on something.

It's like anti-Benning.  Maybe PA and JB would explode if they ever shook hands.

Or a cheap new energy source.

This is what happens when you have a gm with a working brain brings in a winning culture, players stay and take a discount. Im shocked at the AAV. Theres a runway there for growth especially when they got teddy back in the fold. Our 3rd line is set and ready to whipass 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Not sure it's great, but certainly less than market. 

This was the loyalty part I've been talking about, so good to see both sides give a bit.

If people say hronek is good deal then this is a great deal. 

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Joshua isn't the shooting type, he's the net presence guy. So he's getting re-directs and rebound goals. A lot like Boeser, who's shooting percentage was at 19%, slightly higher than his usual. Cause he started being more of a net presence guy. Joshua's shooting percentage will be high cleaning up garbage and what not around the net. I think his physicality and PK presence alone make the contract at the very least, palatable. If he can keep potting 10-15 goals, 25-30+ points. It's even better.

But this does make me wonder if we still have a chance at Trenin. I would love to add him. Our PK will really start to click.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Alvin is a genius.  The 3rd line of Garland, Blue and Joshua is intact.  Now all he needs is another top 6 winger to play with Petey and sign Zaddy and we can push for another playoff run.  

I've got a lineup that looks like this right now:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-???

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson/PDG

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

Zadorov-Hakanpaa

Juulsen

Demko

Silovs

Zadorov at $5M AAV

Hakanapaa at $2M AAV

Silovs at $1.5M AAV

Have just over $9M to fill those last 2 spots.

Yesssss!!!!  Not the kind of player we were going to replace easily and one our team identity really needs.  Clearly he meant it when he said he wanted to stay:  all it took was a fair deal, which this is.  Hopefully they manage to get another winger for Petey but I wouldn't be shocked if Garland and Dak move up to play with him. 

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Not at all interested in sighing Chris Tanev and even more - so not Tyler Toffoli. Why? Been there, done that and it'snot good cap management. I doubt 

Canuck's brass will go that route.

We also need speed. Tanev is a solid guy. If it was reasonable Management would look at it. But, I think Tanev will get paid.

• Cheers 1