[Signing] Canucks sign Joshua

Just now, Jaimito said:

Wth

It's not a bad idea. Even if it wasn't DeSmith, I would prefer another NHL calibre goalie along with Silovs in case if Demko misses any time during the season.

11 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Jeez these guys do not waste any time once they set their mind on something.

It's like anti-Benning.  Maybe PA and JB would explode if they ever shook hands.

Yup, PA and JR, this team moves swiftly and gets shit done. When they make a mistake (mik, stillman) they rectify it immediately. Its insane how they work. Weve come a long ways from that short bus goof that apparently "runs out of time"

2 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Excellent news. Hopefully Z gets extended. If they can land Brendan Dillon if Myers goes to market, Brandon Duhaime, and a top 6 winger things are looking good. 

I think we go Dillon if Zads goes to market. Since both are lefties. Myers almost certainly comes back at 3mil is my guess now. Not a fan of that but the coaching staff loves him and I am pretty sure so does the locker room. Duhaime would be a great add.

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Joshua isn't the shooting type, he's the net presence guy. So he's getting re-directs and rebound goals. A lot like Boeser, who's shooting percentage was at 19%, slightly higher than his usual. Cause he started being more of a net presence guy. Joshua's shooting percentage will be high cleaning up garbage and what not around the net. I think his physicality and PK presence alone make the contract at the very least, palatable. If he can keep potting 10-15 goals, 25-30+ points. It's even better.

But this does make me wonder if we still have a chance at Trenin. I would love to add him. Our PK will really start to click.

Guess it depends on what we do with the top 6 F/RHD holes first. I'd love to add Trenin (and/or Amadio and Duhaime) though!

Edited by aGENT

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Setback with Demko's injury?  Hopefully not..

Oh that'd be terrible... unless... LTIR for Demko until Game 1 of the playoffs... ? 🙃

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Wth

It would allow Silovs to continue to develop his game down in the AHL. It's better for him to play 60ish games rather than 30 in the NHL.

Do I think it happens? No, I don't think Casey will come back after we chose Silovs in the playoffs.

I'm stoked on this. Decent AAV, but not super high that it becomes a problem. It would be hard replacing his toughness and size from the lineup, and maintaining the ability to reunite 'The Third Line' is huge if we find a couple more legit top 6 wingers. Could go into next season with one of the more deadly top 9s. Good stuff.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, greenbean30 said:

It would allow Silovs to continue to develop his game down in the AHL. It's better for him to play 60ish games rather than 30 in the NHL.

Do I think it happens? No, I don't think Casey will come back after we chose Silovs in the playoffs.

After playing 13 games in the playoffs, I highly doubt Silovs would agree to sign a two-way deal to play in Abby for one more year...

• Cheers 1