[Trade] Picks Only Trades

Just now, Honkin Hronek said:

Never understood these kinda trades before the draft happens.  You don't even know who's gonna be available at 11th OA yet.... unless... do they?  DUN DUN DUUUUN!!!

Weird trade this early. I am guessing San Jose see 3 D-men expected around that 11 spot and wanted one of them? Buffalo is also intriguing. Maybe they just want more draft capital to target NHL players quality players. Adding an extra 2nd rounder and drop 3 spots. They don't really want D anyway with Byram, Power and Dahlin there. Might be hoping Eiserman is still there at 14. Which he very well could be.

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Got an extra pick to throw at Carolina. Might be even DEEPER on Necas :hurhur:

I was thinking that too, I just figured they'd want the higher pick

But maybe they're about acquiring more high picks to replenish some of what they spent on Guentzel 

Just now, Coconuts said:

I was thinking that too, I just figured they'd want the higher pick

But maybe they're about acquiring more high picks to replenish some of what they spent on Guentzel 

Expected to be a bit of a weaker draft. I do wonder if Carolina feel the difference between 11 and 14 is worth getting an extra 2nd rounder. They aren't exactly swimming in picks and a large contingent of their team are UFAs and expected to walk. Pesce, Necas, and Tera all likely gone. Along with Guentzel who you mentioned already cost them a good chunk of assets. Also the possiblity they just wanted more picks to try use to dump Skinner, so they can avoid the buyout. A lot of potential here. Maybe they even just wanted and extra pick themselves. Lol.

• Cheers 1

I bet trading up is to ensure they get Eiserman or Catton

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Expected to be a bit of a weaker draft. I do wonder if Carolina feel the difference between 11 and 14 is worth getting an extra 2nd rounder. They aren't exactly swimming in picks and a large contingent of their team are UFAs and expected to walk. Pesce, Necas, and Tera all likely gone. Along with Guentzel who you mentioned already cost them a good chunk of assets. Also the possiblity they just wanted more picks to try use to dump Skinner, so they can avoid the buyout. A lot of potential here. Maybe they even just wanted and extra pick themselves. Lol.

Just now, Honkin Hronek said:

I bet trading up is to ensure they get Eiserman or Catton

San Jose? I figured Buffalo was trading down to get Eiserman. Lol. A few mocks I seen have 3 d-men from 10-13. With Eiserman around 15. But like I said, with how weak the draft is, it's wide open after the top 3 picks. Players can go anywhere. It's why I think it's weird the trade happened this early. If you're after someone specifically you'd probably wait til draft day to see how it's looking. Doing it now if you're after someone specific feels premature.

• Like 1