[Signing] Canucks to Qualify and Re-Sign Jett Woo

1 hour ago, Snoop Hogg said:

They should just trade him to a team that lacks any kind of depth. 

He had an awesome year in Abbotsford, he was close to making the leap to the NHL IMO, when he went down with injury. If he can have a good summer training, it's not out of the question that he makes the team next season. We need this type of player as 6/7 D with a cheap contract. Trading him is the last thing we should do.

Just now, Guntrix said:

He’s definitely not a prospect anymore.

And I think we have to start coming to terms with the fact that he’s not an NHL-caliber player either.

Yeah, he's definitely in that age group of it's now or never kind of scenario with the Canucks. It's also possible (like for Noah Juulsen) that he'll have to move around a bit and just get some luck with those in front of him on the depth chart. I like Woo, but get the feeling that for him to make this roster, he'll really need to prove something this year.

2 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I don’t see him cracking the lineup, unless we are dealing with 3 or 4 injuries to the blue line at once. He’s behind Juulsen and Friedman. Maybe McWard too.

That's actually a good sign when you think about it.  Need to fill out our roster in Abby with somebody (can't be all prospects).

Definitely wanna give Woo a 1 or 2 year cheap deal. Really see if he can push himself this offseason and try playing some NHL games next year. 

Love the defensive nature of his game and physicality, but time to see if it can translate to the NHL. 

• Like 1