[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Odd that the free agent who had the greatest impact in the playoffs is still not inked to a new deal. Seems very counterproductive. 

Best front office the Canucks have had in forever.

I am sure they are working hard. No need to assume they are not trying.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Myers played 3rd highest TOI on the back end last year.  30 points.  Brings size and skating ability. Zero chance you replace all of that for 3 mil AAV. 

So far management has decided to keep players in-house and they all look like fair deals.  Priority given to PK, size and grit.  All makes sense to me.

Still some serious work to do but lots of options depending on how we want to spend. 

______-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-__________

Joshua-Bleuger-Garland

PDG-Suter-Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

______-Juulsen

Friedman

If that's the case, there's a player that provided more of that than any other player on the team (as well as offense) who's yet to be signed. 

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

We have some decent cap space still, especially if management doesn't get sucked into overpaying. Who says we are out on those guys?

We can't afford those guys AND one of the top line F UFA's after extending Myers. IMO, those should have been priorities over extending Myers.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

if we are going to play Soucy/ Myers in the top 4 what about going after a guy like Oscar Kylington who Calgary is looking to unload for the bottom pairing LD. This would allow us to afford Lindholm and Tanev 

Garland Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Lindholm Pettersson 

Joshua Blueger Karlsson 

PDG Suter Podkolzin 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy Myers 

Kylington Tanev

_______   Juulsen 

4 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Who? All the projections show guys better than Myers getting 5+. 

If our bottom 4 is Soucy, Myers, Dillon, Tanev we are looking solid. It means no Jake, but thats fine by me, would rather a Taffoli. 

Toffoli is too damn slow. 

• ThereItIs 1

On the deal itself...$3M is okay. Maybe a bit much and I don't love 3 years, to be honest. This one might be okay for a year or so, but I think it'll stink by year 3.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Odd that the free agent who had the greatest impact in the playoffs is still not inked to a new deal. Seems very counterproductive. 

They're letting Lindholm hit the market so maybe there's still a chance Zad returns but I get the feeling the Canucks are gonna go hard after a winger for Petey instead of big Z 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Tanev

Soucy - Myers

I almost like that more than getting a winger. 

Lekkerimaki is that winger 😌

Hughes - Tanev

Zadorov - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

1 year .5 million to much for sure.  But whatever, that's 3 million saved to spend elsewhere

PA/JR and their team had a number for all ufa and what they would pay and term and whom they wanted back and I trust them to build a team, so I am good with this myself

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

We can't afford those guys AND one of the top line F UFA's after extending Myers. IMO, those should have been priorities over extending Myers.

How much cap do we have left now? Probably two mid level signings or one big one im guessing…. Unless a garland trade is happening. 

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Would have preferred a better, legit top 4 RHD for like $1+ more

I don't see another available to play his amount of minutes coming in at this type of caphit. Soucy and Myers have played well together as a pair, if Zadorov returns we can roll two 2nd pairs essentially.

How about Kulikov on the right side on one fo the bottom two pairs:

Elias Pettersson 11,600,000
JT Miller 8,000,000
Brock Boeser 6,650,000
Conor Garland 4,950,000
Daniel Sprong 4,250,000
Dakota Joshua 3,250,000
Teddy Blueger 1,800,000
Brandon Duhaime 1,600,000
Pius Suter 1,600,000
Nils Hoglander 1,100,000
Vasily Podkolzin 1,000,000
Nils Aman 825,000
Phil Di Giuseppe 775,000

Quinn Hughes 7,850,000
Filip Hronek 7,250,000
Nakita Zadorov 5,250,000
Carson Soucy 3,250,000
Tyler Myers 3,000,000
Dmitry Kulikov 2,500,000
Noah Juulsen 775,000
Mark Friedman 775,000

Thatcher Demko 5,000,000
Arturs Silovs 1,250,000

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

maybe when milstein said that he was willing to be creative and patient he meant the mikheyev trade/retention and letting the canucks conduct other business so they can see what's left at the end to give z?

edit: don't know why I said buyout 

Edited by tas

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

How much cap do we have left now? Probably two mid level signings or one big one im guessing…. Unless a garland trade is happening. 

Garland runs the best 3rd line in the NHL. 

Why tf would they move Garland? lmao

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

I'm worried there's not enough money for Zadorov and Guentzel now, 3 mil is not what I expected or wanted. But let's see what happens....

According to Capfriendly we have 19/23 roster spots accounted for with 12mil in cap. So, yeah. I don't see Guentzel and Zads in our future. One or the other. We arguably needed two top 6 forwards and a top 4 D. And we may end up with just one top 4 D. Like I said earlier, we're gonna be strutting out some more tweeners for Petey to try carry. Then we'll inevitably blame him for not doing enough with, let me check my notes, a 1mil Hoglander and Lafferty 2.0. What a scrub.

• Cheers 1