[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Just now, Dizzle said:

How much cap do we have left now? Probably two mid level signings or one big one im guessing….

Not particularly interested in tying up near-high end money on middling guys.

IMO, you grab one of Guentz/Reinhart (ha!)/Stamkos(Haha!)/Marchessault/Arvidsson...maybe Stephenson.. If you can't get one of those guys, you're better off going the trade route than overpaying for middling guys that lack key facets (speed, 2 way play etc). AKA future 2nd round picks to Chicago.

Then yeah, we target one of Tanev/Pesce/Roy/Carrier/Miller/trade for Marino

After that you bring back Zad or replace him with Dillon.

Fill in the rest with money-puck guys and kids on ELCs. If you manage to get March at closer to $7, maybe then come back around to sign Myers at $3.

Just now, Dizzle said:

Unless a garland trade is happening. 

Which makes little sense after extending Joshua for $500-$750k too much. 

Just now, tas said:

maybe when milstein said that he was willing to be creative and patient he meant the mikheyev buyout and letting the canucks conduct other business so they can see what's left at the end to give z?

Well, firstly Mikeyev was traded, and once that occurred, there is more than enough to get Z signed. Seeing what's left at the end to give a player makes more sense for a Myers or Blueger. 

1 minute ago, Mac said:

Garland runs the best 3rd line in the NHL. 

Why tf would they move Garland? lmao

I mean… I wouldn’t, but who knows what they might be cooking up? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If that's the case, there's a player that provided more of that than any other player on the team (as well as offense) who's yet to be signed. 

The biggest knock on Zadorov is that he plays the same side as Hughes and Soucy. From a roster-building perspective, he’s a luxury right now.  

Like Joshua, he’ll have to decide if he wants to chase max dollars, or take something in the 4s to stay in Vancouver. 

I think Sat or someone said, they have a certain number earmarked for the top 6.  They can fill it if Zadorov signs for what they’ve offered, but if he isn’t willing to accept, it becomes a lot more complicated as they see what’s out there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well, firstly Mikeyev was traded, and once that occurred, there is more than enough to get Z signed. Seeing what's left at the end to give a player makes more sense for a Myers or Blueger. 

i edited before you posted. 

edit: and I agree it would have made more sense for those guys. except that it wasn't their agent saying the thing about them, it was zadorov's saying it about him. 

Edited by tas

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't see another available to play his amount of minutes coming in at this type of caphit.

Nobody said it would be for this $3m cap hit.

Just now, aGENT said:

Which makes little sense after extending Joshua for $500-$750k too much. 

I agree (on the little sense part) but that is probably the last significant amount of cap on our roster I could see moving. 

8 minutes ago, Canuck-Man said:

I'm worried there's not enough money for Zadorov and Guentzel now, 3 mil is not what I expected or wanted. But let's see what happens....

Milstein helped facilitate punting Mik (his client) to the Hawks ... yes Sharks were in the mix but Mik said "fuck no to that" so retention it was.

Highly doubt Milstein would have been involved as much as he has been if Big Zeke was not loaded up in the pipeline. Yes Danny O makes bank on all moves, but he isn't going to leave Zeke high and Dry nor would PA / JR.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

Myers was solid in the playoffs.  We have seen him improve vastly with the team structure/defence that was implemented.  

Please explain this to the folks who are cherry picking Myers at his absolute worst and basing his worth on it.  Lol

If ignorance is bliss then these must be some damned happy people!  I envy them!

• Cheers 2

Just now, Petey O said:

Anyone who wants them to trade Garland is completely out to lunch. This silly rhetoric should stop now that Joshua is staying with the team.

I don’t think many people ‘want’ Garland traded. I think some of us question whether or not management ‘wants’ a 5m contract on the third line. 

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If that's the case, there's a player that provided more of that than any other player on the team (as well as offense) who's yet to be signed. 

I'm thinking Allvin can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm as desperate for Z to be back as any other fan here. Taking the time to get a couple other contracts signed doesn't automatically mean he is ignoring Big Z or letting him walk.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1