[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Just now, Alflives said:

Alf would rather we get Big Z and JG. Two big time difference makers. 

imagine how much better the miller-boeser line would be though if you could upgrade their winger too

petey doesnt need a superstar beside him, just someone with good enough hands and vision

anson carter scored 30+ goals beside the sedins

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It occurs to me maybe we have a deal in place for Necas if Guentzel signs with Carolina. We'd be able to keep Z and maybe add Tanev too. Would be tight cap wise but possible.

I'm personally taking a stance of "I'll believe it when I see it" with most things that have to do with outside of the current team. The media gets clicks from creating hype so I've developed a lack of trust with them over the years. lol

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

If we try Podz with Miller we only need TT. 

Don't want Bertuzzi he's a weirdo.

if just TT then we have room to upgrade the 2RD as well with a puck mover like Carrier

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-Carrier

Soucy-Myers

top 3 d core in the league

Just now, The Lock said:

I'm personally taking a stance of "I'll believe it when I see it" with most things that have to do with outside of the current team. The media gets clicks from creating hype so I've developed a lack of trust with them over the years. lol

Yep. I love how Allvin is killing it with the stuff under his control.

• Like 1

3 aav isnt bad at all but really was hoping big z was signed first, july 1st hasnt even started yet no panic needed... but hate the dog days of nhl break after stuff slows down

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

image.thumb.png.1d3e9660af396142a49969dd9b86b036.png

The way I see it there's room for Guentzel and a $3m D or Zadorov and a 6m FWD. 

Does that number include Poolman's LTIR? (And I know the $$ impact varies depending on whether we have to have him on or off roster on opening night)

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think it'll be neglible as the cap goes up, I think he'll age alright across these next three seasons

There were lots of reasons to keep him, I could have seen him stay for as low as 2.5M

3 is very good imo

He's an excellent skater and those guys usually age pretty well

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Does that number include Poolman's LTIR? (And I know the $$ impact varies depending on whether we have to have him on or off roster on opening night)

That's with Poolman on LTIR otherwise it's 9 something. 

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

18/23 on roster 39/50 contracts. 

ATM tolopilo is on the main roster it would be 19/23 at 14.5 but I took him out. 

Yes I just mean today if you were to call up the entire farm to plug the holes and ice a 23man roster we have 11.6m to spend on 1fwd and 1d plus the cap of the players sent down. 

Which say we sign Zad 5.5m send Friedman down we have just under7m to spend on a fwd. If Zad takes a haircut we'd have a bit over 7.

If we sign Guentzel 9m  we have 3.4m to spend on a new Ian Cole. 

27 minutes ago, The Lock said:

It's not an assumption. It's literally the amount the team has to work with.

My bad. I didn't know the cap was known 3 years from now. I was under the impression it was a % of revenue which is not known.

Edited by chris12345

3 hours ago, Pears said:

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Tanev

Soucy - Myers

I almost like that more than getting a winger. 

That's a possibility I'd be seriously tempted by.  At the same time, Guentzel could solve several important needs at once: winger to pair with Petey, less predictable powerplay, etc. And then factor in the possibility that Boeser might not be 100% by the start of next season, and the need for a scoring winger becomes even more pressing.

Edited by syntheticity

2 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

According to Capfriendly we have 19/23 roster spots accounted for with 12mil in cap. So, yeah. I don't see Guentzel and Zads in our future. 

No need to have the max 23 players on the roster.   We have $14,540,000 of space including LTIR, so if we sign Guentzel at 10 and Zadorov at 4.5, we can carry a 21 man roster into the season until someone gets injured.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

My bad. I didn't know the cap was known 3 years from now. I was under the impression it was a % of revenue which is not known.

I believe the rumored cap numbers for next year is something like $92.6 million. Don't recall who said it, Friedman or Sat maybe?

They suggested the % of revenue was 5% which would make sense if you look at this season's increase and what they think next years CAP will be. 

The following season (2026-2027) they are speculating a bigger jump but that remains to be seen.

This year and next year are averaging about $4.55 million year over year. If nothing drastic changed it could mean a CAP of around $97.1 million in 2026-2027.

All just speculation though...I'm sure teams have a much better idea than us keyboard hero's do. LOL 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

imagine how much better the miller-boeser line would be though if you could upgrade their winger too

petey doesnt need a superstar beside him, just someone with good enough hands and vision

anson carter scored 30+ goals beside the sedins

Exactly this.  Marcheseault and Toffoli imagine 

Marcheseault Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Petey Toffoli 

Garland Blueger Joshua 

Podkolzin Suter PDG 

With our huge mobile defence and a healthy demko.  We can with this thing

Edited by ronning4center
  • Like 1

I am speculating that leaving Zads to the end may be a sort of pressure to sign at the "needed" discount to make all of this work with a view to making a serious run for cup next year with a few upgrades which will be winger and dman.

1 hour ago, HarbularyBattery said:

I think if you could get any 2 of:

Teravainen

Toffoli

Bertuzzi

for a combined 9m AAV thats a far better situation than just getting JG

Also lets us bump Suter down to the 3rd/4th line

🤮

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

How do you propose we sign one before free agency exactly? 😂

The opportunity is coming lol but the more money we dish out on our ufa's the less we have for an impactful upgrade.

I think this is a decent signing.

We have to remind ourselves, that hughes and brock are due for raises soon.
Additionally around that time we will also be hit with the big OEL recaptures.

So we can sign some decent players for only a couple seasons.
We can't guess at what the cap projections are going to be and a smart GM will not risk oversigning players.

Not to mention the upcomming CBA.

I think JR/PA are playing the long game properly.