[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Yes they've fixed Myers game somewhat but if they don't replace Zad with a quality tough D man it's going to be 1 step forward and two back as per usual, and i don't mean a COLE quality player either......🤮

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

37 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yes they've fixed Myers game somewhat but if they don't replace Zad with a quality tough D man it's going to be 1 step forward and two back as per usual, and i don't mean a COLE quality player either......🤮

It ain’t over till the fat lady sings.

8 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Has been for several years, actually.

Last season was definitely his best in quite awhile, but he was never as bad as CDC made him out to be. Canuck fans always have to have a whipping boy. Before Myers, there was Edler and Juice.....

People need to get over this "top 4 / bottom pairing" stuff. It seems pretty clear to me that the coaching staff wants to stay away from having a true bottom pairing, like a pairing of Cole and Juuls would have been labeled. If Z is resigned, he'll likely be paired with Juulsen, while Myers will be paired with Soucy. IMO, those pairings are pretty much interchangeable....

I think there has been frustration with some of the penalties he takes and that has become the focus vs. his overall play.

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Amazing people are stoked on 3 years Myers when that cost us Z. Sad how much short term memory people have. Myer better fucking show up and take on his role

Love Big Z, but Myers is proven the better player, especially at 3 AAV. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • chaos 1

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It didn’t cost us anything.

Signing Myers or not wouldnt have changed managements position. They were not willing to overpay they made that very clear.

Myers is overpaid at 3m.

He played like 3m or less here for 6 years Deniro .

even you complained about his game.

We should have moved away from Myers .

Rinse / Repeat.  
He’s worth 2.25

Money/ capspace  changes managements position constantly.

I call bullshit on Allvin,

He overpaid Myers.

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Myers is overpaid at 3m.

He played like 3m or less here for 6 years Deniro .

even you complained about his game.

We should have moved away from Myers .

Rinse / Repeat.  
He’s worth 2.25

Money/ capspace  changes managements position constantly.

I call bullshit on Allvin,

He overpaid Myers.

What he did last year in reg/playoffs he would of gotten at least 3.5-4.5 in open market, he’s a big RD that skates very well for his size is a team player and sticks up for his teammates with the right coaches now finally it will help improve his IQ on both ends of the ice, he improved his overall game as a whole not just the points and his awareness was a big improvement from previous years and if everyone talking about big Z playoff how about Myers he saved a game with his NUTS ur telling me u don’t want a player like that on this team then u are truly not a Canucks fan.

Edited by Madskillz
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Love Big Z, but Myers is proven the better player, especially at 3 AAV. 

You’ve watched Myers play for 6 years,

he has performed like a 3m Dman for us ,.

Myers is not a better player.

In fact at 34-37 years , he won’t be worth 3m.

What happened to all that Declining Asset Yap that everybody thought Miller would be  at 29?

Lol  it’s an overpay no matter how you look at it.

45 m to Myers for 9 years / av 5m per is an overpayment.

He did not get us closer to a Cup.

1pt in 12 playoff games.

But Zadorov had 8pts in 13 playoff games.

Nobody can tell me that Playoffs don’t matter,  they also show potential because you HAVE  to get to your best level.

Alvin mad a mistake signing Myers with the money Mihkeyev left.

The slap n the face is to Milstein who was asked to find a deal for him.

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Madskillz said:

What he did last year in reg/playoffs he would of gotten at least 3.5-4.5 in open market, he’s a big RD that skates very well for his size is a team player and sticks up for his teammates with the right coaches now finally it will help improve his IQ on both ends of the ice, he improved his overall game as a whole not just the points and his awareness was a big improvement from previous years and if everyone taking about big Z playoff how about Myers he saved a game with his NUTS ur telling me u don’t want a player like that on this team then u are truly not a Canucks fan.

Because ? 

Myers got hit in the Balls .  Lol

still not worth 3m.

Ive never really been a Myers fan..

seems like everyone just loves retreading old tires ,  when the new wheels were ready to go in the car.

Tanev fan too I suppose Madskillz?

lol.      

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You’ve watched Myers play for 6 years,

he has performed like a 3m Dman for us ,.

Myers is not a better player.

In fact at 34-37 years , he won’t be worth 3m.

What happened to all that Declining Asset Yap that everybody thought Miller would be  at 29?

Lol  it’s an overpay no matter how you look at it.

45 m to Myers for 9 years / av 5m per is an overpayment.

He did not get us closer to a Cup.

1pt in 12 playoff games.

But Zadorov had 8pts in 13 playoff games.

Nobody can tell me that Playoffs don’t matter,  they also show potential because you HAVE  to get to your best level.

Alvin mad a mistake signing Myers with the money Mihkeyev left.

The slap n the face is to Milstein who was asked to find a deal for him.

Besides being younger, thunderous hitter and probably a better fighter.  2 corner goals that are probably 1% chance to score he had 2 of them if u think overpaying for those goals is a good that he might get once a year then sure, but I see management is right on with the 4.7mil offer if that is true that’s fine but no way 5+ extra money does at least for next guy to sign it’s a big offseason we have 4 guys that resigned for deals to stay with this team your here because u want to win if u want money then it will be elsewhere that probably isn’t close. 

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Because ? 

still not worth 3m.

seems like everyone just loves retreading old tires ,  when the new wheels were ready to go in the car.

lol.      

You don’t need to be a fan to not see him doing well last season it’s more that you hate Myers let’s be honest with that.  Tanev was good for us at the price he came at, but the last management group let good low cost players walk (Tanev,Toffoli) and now we’re thinking of bringing them back when they should of been here still all along for 4 mill each when salary cap was a lot lower.  I’m a Canucks fan whatever players on the roster we all gotta cheer and hope they do well and if management think they should be moved they will deal with them and that’s what I love with this group not afraid to make mistakes and not afraid to fix them right away, knowing what are good assets for below value market price and resign them u can’t overpay players u can replace with, but u have to overpay players ur team really needs (Guentzel or Stamkos) type of players now if we want to be contenders to win this cup already, we got a team that can win the cup and these last couple signing will be very critical moving forward can’t have no years wasted either we gonna get one of the two players or management will trade for one during the season.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Watch PA interview 

he said coaches all wanted Myers back 

That's telling alot right there and him taking 3 mil a year is repaying back for that last contract and I can see him improving more defensively next season so this contract will keep looking better.  In this management and coaching staff I trust we will finally get this Cup if they all stick together bring it back to Canada and Canucks getting their very first one.

2 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Amazing people are stoked on 3 years Myers when that cost us Z. Sad how much short term memory people have. Myer better fucking show up and take on his role

Do you mean short term like Zadorov being average during the regular season and playing extremely well in the playoffs during his career year leading to people being fine with overpaying him, or a different type of short term memory?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I never forget 

image.thumb.jpeg.1168e044d1de2ded7a8b3806cd8e2344.jpeg

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Do you mean short term like Zadorov being average during the regular season and playing extremely well in the playoffs during his career year leading to people being fine with overpaying him, or a different type of short term memory?

Ooooh nice one😆

14 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Because ? 

still not worth 3m.

lol.      

I’ll take all the coaches wanted Myers back over you just not being a fan lol. 

Edited by canuck73_3

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’ll take all the coaches wanted Myers back over you just not being a fan lol. 

nothing says "bad at defense" like being a top signing priority for the coaches and the starting goalie being over the moon that he's coming back. 🙄

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1