[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Alvin have to overpay to get a defenseman to take Zadorov’s spot. That’ll be funny. 

Thats what I think will happen honestly. The guy will be 3 years older too 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But it will be short term and low risk. That’s a big difference.

That will be good but will that happen for sure? You’re confident in that? 

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

Same people are in charge as the ones that got Z for a pretty cheap price from the Flames.  No guarantees but nothing in life is a guarantee except being a wingman for Alflives in the nursing home.🕵️‍♀️

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

I know Zads became a fan favorite during the playoffs, but I’m fully on board with management not willing to massively overpay. It was clear from the beginning that one of the main reasons Zads was traded from the Flames was because of his lofty wage demands. No reason to think the same thing didn’t happen in negotiations with Canucks management.

Myers at $3 million AAV is good value, especially if he plays like he did this last season. And no, I don’t think this was a Myers or Zadorov situation when Zads was going to squeeze as much cap as he could out of the team. 

If we can get a good value signing or two in FA then that would be a W in my books. 

Easier said than done though. 

Maybe Tanev or Dillon want to play here and are willing to sign reasonably. Maybe a guy like Hankapaa wants to test the market. Big ifs though. 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Watch Alvin have to overpay to get a defenseman to take Zadorov’s spot. That’ll be funny. 

Why so depressed still? 

Benning has left the building… Rejoice, Hallelujah, take Alf and mine hands and we run to the happy placeinstead of the depressive state your in.

We have almost the same team as last season. Our best players will be one year better… Our best prospects is one year closer to join the team.

With Tocchets system we can take our depth from Abby. Don’t you remember we got some decent D there that can fill up the shoes with the Canucks.

Par example a healthy Wolanin

Edited by LillStrimma

4 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Why so depressed still?

Not depressed at all. Amused is more like it. 

Benning has left the building… Rejoice, Hallelujah, take Alf and mine hands and we run to the happy placeinstead of the depressive state your in.

Not interested in a thing you’re selling. 

We have almost the same team as last season. Our best players will be one year better… Our best prospects is one year closer to join the team.

Quinn, Miller, Boeser and Demko are excellent. They deserve to have the best supporting cast money can buy. 

With Tocchets system we can take our depth from Abby. Don’t you remember we got some decent D there that can fill up the shoes with the Canucks.

Par example a healthy Wolanin

Wolanin? I think you might be the depressed one if you think he’s an option. 

28 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not depressed at all. Amused is more like it. 

Not interested in a thing you’re selling. 

Quinn, Miller, Boeser and Demko are excellent. They deserve to have the best supporting cast money can buy. 

Wolanin? I think you might be the depressed one if you think he’s an option. 

Wolanin did a nice job when he was called up last season. It was a pity he was injured this season because he could have made a difference.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This team is in the contending window now. All 6 d-men should be NHL regulars if they want a chance at the Cup. If Wolanin is a full time defenseman on the team and isn’t covering for an injured blueliner, that’s not a good thing. 

Well, since Wolanin last season was better than current season Juulsen, Cole and Friedman he would have been our 6thD.

Cole wasn’t so good at the end par example.

Juulsen played because Wolanin was injured…

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Did you forget last offseason already? 

They are never the same. Market changes year to year, but I’d rather see us get some impact players instead of filling holes 

I think we will sign not one but two defence men in free agency for 7M combined. 
One 4M guy one 3M guy.

we have 14.5 million in cap space after LTIR. 

Would leave us 7.5M to get one top 6 winger not named Guentzal because he will go for more. If we were smart I’d rather spread the wealth and pick up guys like Toffoli and Monahan for 3-4M instead of one 7M+ guy. It would make our forward group deeper.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-UFA

Joshua-Bluegar-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

UFA-Juulsen/UFA

23 hours ago, Devron said:

They are not going to go overpay a bottom pairing defender. That we should be able to trust.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

They are not going to go overpay a bottom pairing defender. That we should be able to trust.

Tanev and a strictly defensive 3LD will probably cost us the same as what Treliving throws at big Z. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don’t get that mentality there is no evidence whatsoever this group will over pay depth pieces. Bizarre this even has to said 😂

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I guess whoever we sign will be considered an upgrade by folk here