[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Let's all not forget that we can now all use the Chaos Giraffe emoji here for 3 years with confidence ... that factored into the contract as well. 

I think we're forgetting the chaos giraffe moniker wasn't made as a positive term. It was given cause he was as likely to hurt your team as help it. One solid playoff run and we forget this guy is a liability for a bunch of the games. Bottom left Myers is a regular meme on Reddit too. Lol. But hey, he's tall. Nice.

• Haha 1
  • chaos 2

11 minutes ago, rmok said:

The thing is .. he's better than Soucy.. has more attributes than Soucy.. and was used more than Soucy when it counted in the playoffs... He is also not as injury prone as Soucy. If its a matter of only being allowed to have one of them.. I trade Soucy and resign Zadorov. But the team would be better with both. 

Soucy is signed to a fabulous 3.25 x 2 and is more than capable locking down the minutes he’ll have to play with Hughes on the top pair. 

There’s no reason to trade Soucy - I’d prefer him at his current deal to, say, Dillon who would still need to be signed if you traded him.  It’s dangerous territory to have Juulsen on the 3rd pair without a 4-5 guy paired with him. 

I’ve said for awhile I’d prefer:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

but right now that Zadorov spot could probably be filled for 2-3 mil instead of 4-5. With maybe some money left over to upgrade on Juulsen… and it’s all moot until we figure out the top 6.

Edited by The Duke
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I think we're forgetting the chaos giraffe moniker wasn't made as a positive term. It was given cause he was as likely to hurt your team as help it. One solid playoff run and we forget this guy is a liability for a bunch of the games. Bottom left Myers is a regular meme on Reddit too. Lol. But hey, he's tall. Nice.

he was solid all year. he's solid with structure in place. 

• Cheers 3
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

lol
Except that people were quite happy with Myers when we were in the bubble playoffs.  
The higher the stakes, the more happy people have been with Myers.  Every time.  

• chaos 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Thank you for you exquisite explanation on the views, usage and holdings of emoji by everyone here today, that had left and yet to come. Your policing of this forum emoji usage is almost Hawk Tuah emoji worthy. 

I for one use the Chaos Giraffe to tag anything related to our Beloved Giraffe, poke fun at a post and generally who gives a shit. 

But please be sure to post your interpretation in the appropriate forum so all can be clear on said usage. Picture below for clarification:

image.png.30cfafff6138a6b8d50f5353a1bcda51.png

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

lol
Except that people were quite happy with Myers when we were in the bubble playoffs.  
The higher the stakes, the more happy people have been with Myers.  Every time.  

he ramps up his physicality and plays authoritatively, manhandling guys as he sees fit. 

it's a good look for him. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 mill is about right for Myers. Would have liked one less year but thems the breaks. He still averages nearly 20 minutes a night, mostly being deployed in the D zone, and he can eat hard minutes. 

Now get Zad done ffs. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Thank you for you exquisite explanation on the views, usage and holdings of emoji by everyone here today, that had left and yet to come. Your policing of this forum emoji usage is almost Hawk Tuah emoji worthy. 

I for one use the Chaos Giraffe to tag anything related to our Beloved Giraffe, poke fun at a post and generally who gives a shit. 

But please be sure to post your interpretation in the appropriate forum so all can be clear on said usage. Picture below for clarification:

image.png.30cfafff6138a6b8d50f5353a1bcda51.png

Oh no, are you sad cause I pointed out that Myers is actually awful most of the time? Sorry bud. I'll get some tissues your way quickly.

• chaos 1

Just now, rackdawg said:

Says who...?

I guess anyone can always take this position now that there will never be any proof otherwise.

What do you honestly believe though?  He would be offered less?  Haha I have some property that I’d love to sell you!  It’s a great opportunity!

Too much ,. He was overpaid at +6..  played like a 3-4m player for at least 4 years on his  6 year.

2.5 - 2.8 should have been fair to stay.

He only got better with Cole and then when Zadorov came to take a lot of heavy minutes off.

34 years old ,   What happened to all the “Declining Asset” talk on here that many were throwing at JT at 29 yrs.

The hypocrisy!?! 

Angry What Is This GIF by Adult Swim

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

1 hour ago, Outsiders said:

A year too long. I feel this was a player they could have squeezed hard to get him to come back

Look at the 3rd year... just over 2 mil and only 12 team NM clause. It's a good, smart deal

Myers under this coaching staff has been significantly better. Myers and Soucy on the bottom pair is perfect and Juulsen can slot in when needed.

Like most, I think 2 years would have been ideal, but getting Myers at a 3m on the third pair is a great get.

• chaos 1