[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Not enough for Z and JG, bakcup etc Maybe they will need to trade more. 

But maybe just enough after LTIR 

With Poolman on LITR, it's actually 14.5.  Signing Silovs shouldn't affect the total much since Tolopilo is already pencilled in at .95 mil.  So still possible to do Guentzel at 9.5 and Zadorov at 5, if they'll settle for that.

• chaos 1

6 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Decent AAV but we spent 4 years out of 5 complaining about him and wishing that we could get rid of his contract (I.e. after his bonus was paid he was suppose to be a Coyote), and we re-sign him for 3.

If last year was an outlier, we have 3 more years of complaining to do

I think the Athletic normally does an article every year in each teams efficient and inefficient cap management based on each players true talent value. 

Myers I believe was around 2 million prior to this season. So if he keep up his pace for 3 years, I think people won't have much to complain because 3 million would be near his true talent value. 

• chaos 2

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

With Poolman on LITR, it's actually 14.5.  Signing Silovs shouldn't affect the total much since Tolopilo is already pencilled in at .95 mil.  So still possible to do Guentzel at 9.5 and Zadorov at 5, if they'll settle for that.

We have 19/23 roster spots filled, 4 more to go. 14.5 million ain’t that much.

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

4 spots to be filled could look something like;

1=$4.5-5m

2=$7.5-8m

3=$1m

4=$1m

a couple more high quality pieces to be had.. 

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Yes, I agree.  If we spent all that on JG and Zad, we'd have a 21 man roster.  It's allowed but risky when it comes to injuries.  Friedman comes in handy then as a 21st man who can play forward in a pinch.  Also good that Abby is close by for callups, at least when we're playing at home. 

Not saying they want to do this or that they can necessarily pull it off, but it is a possibility. 

• chaos 1

From so many interviews I've watched, I've seen how much his teammates have praised him and have often mentioned how he's a calm veteran presence..The players seem to love the guy and is great for overall team morale so who are we to say anything..Good enough for the team, Good enough for me..We are just outsider's looking in.

• chaos 1

34 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Soucy is signed to a fabulous 3.25 x 2 and is more than capable locking down the minutes he’ll have to play with Hughes on the top pair. 

There’s no reason to trade Soucy - I’d prefer him at his current deal to, say, Dillon who would still need to be signed if you traded him.  It’s dangerous territory to have Juulsen on the 3rd pair without a 4-5 guy paired with him. 

I’ve said for awhile I’d prefer:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

but right now that Zadorov spot could probably be filled for 2-3 mil instead of 4-5. With maybe some money left over to upgrade on Juulsen… and it’s all moot until we figure out the top 6.

I'm not saying they should trade Soucy.. I'm just saying that Zadorov is better than Soucy.. so when people make the argument that you can't pay Zad.. 4 something because he plays behind Soucy, i'm saying they are wrong and he shouldn't be behind Soucy because he is better.

Zads is bigger, skates better, hits better, scores more, is more intimidating to other teams, is less injury prone, makes fewer bone headed mistakes, and the coaches used him more. He is just the better and more valuable player. 
I'm fine with Myers back.. but the team should be transitioning that Soucy/Myers pair to be the 3rd pair .. and a Zads and someone else as the second pair. 
Another reason I am not a fan of the Joshua signing. His money should go to making the defense bomb proof.. then let .. Podz, Karlsson, raty, sasson etc step up and take that 3rd line role for 1 mill. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I'd bet we run a 22 man roster and will have Lekkerimaki on the roster.  We are getting Zadorov, Guenzel and Tanev.  

• Haha 2
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Yes, I agree.  If we spent all that on JG and Zad, we'd have a 21 man roster.  It's allowed but risky when it comes to injuries.  Friedman comes in handy then as a 21st man who can play forward in a pinch.  Also good that Abby is close by for callups, at least when we're playing at home. 

Not saying they want to do this or that they can necessarily pull it off, but it is a possibility. 

Emergency call ups. Not the best way to manage cap nor one I think PA / JR are contemplating 

5 minutes ago, rmok said:

I'm not saying they should trade Soucy.. I'm just saying that Zadorov is better than Soucy.. so when people make the argument that you can't pay Zad.. 4 something because he plays behind Soucy, i'm saying they are wrong and he shouldn't be behind Soucy because he is better.

Zads is bigger, skates better, hits better, scores more, is more intimidating to other teams, is less injury prone, makes fewer bone headed mistakes, and the coaches used him more. He is just the better and more valuable player. 
I'm fine with Myers back.. but the team should be transitioning that Soucy/Myers pair to be the 3rd pair .. and a Zads and someone else as the second pair. 
Another reason I am not a fan of the Joshua signing. His money should go to making the defense bomb proof.. then let .. Podz, Karlsson, raty, sasson etc step up and take that 3rd line role for 1 mill. 

I’m a huge Zadorov fan, but I’m not sure that he’s better than Soucy. Maybe in playoffs, but to get there, you need a defensively reliable guy like Soucy back there playing top 4 minutes.

• ThereItIs 1

I don’t understand why so many people are complaining….. this is an awesome deal if he plays anywhere close to how he did this year. Some other team would be offering him way more. I’m really excited to have him back at half the cost. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I don’t understand why so many people are complaining….. this is an awesome deal if he plays anywhere close to how he did this year. Some other team would be offering him way more. I’m really excited to have him back at half the cost. 

I think he makes poor decisions on zone exists, can have below average gap control, and is poor holding the line. He also takes 3/4 of a period to take a shot.

Having said that I LOVE that he broke 29s rib so he gets bonus points there.

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Emergency call ups. Not the best way to manage cap nor one I think PA / JR are contemplating 

We'll see.  The problem isn't so much managing cap as covering for injuries.  Emergency callups are a whole other technicality, like after the trade deadline.  But yeah, I'd be a bit surprised to see them cut it this close to the bone.

• chaos 1