[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Good price and terms he skates well and always been in good shape I see him even after this contract is done will sign 1 year deals, he's a good player if used correctly.  Sign the other bash brother Big Z signs tomorrow!

• Like 1

To say Patrick Allvin is methodical in his approach to management decisions and acting upon them would be an understatement.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Great signing. I predicted a 3x3 deal and that’s what he got. 

Can’t believe all the hate on Myers. He was solid all year. And even better in the playoffs. Foote and Gonchar have done a great job with him. He can be a solid bottom pairing guy in his 3rd year. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

If Tyler can improve his shot/goal percentage even a little bit he’d be a hugely valuable asset. How many times did he have room to walk in from the point and shoot only to miss the net or hit the crest? His shooting needs work. 

Needs to invite Petey to Kelowna to work together on shooting accuracy

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Who first coined the “chaos giraffe” anyway?  It’s genius really. I’m sure it annoys Myers but if I were him I’d embrace it. I use it as a term of affection more than derision myself. 🦒

I did. I trademarked it as well u owe me a buck

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, Wing said:

Hmm i was hoping we could get him under 3M, and just heard that we gave him a NMC in the first two years with a 10 team no trade - kind of iffy with that but.

It's looking more and more like we won't be able to keep Zadorov. 

Buddy said he saw big Z walking his dog on the seawall this morning.  Must have been mistaken as I didn't think Zad was even in town, but he was adamant it was him.  Does Z even have a dog?

Interesting the order of the signings.  Shows you Allvins priority and when you think about it, he's absolutely right

1. Hronek
  2. Friedman (outlier)
  3. Blueger
  4. Joshua
  5. Myers

Lindholm and Zadorov priced themselves out of the line up and they're really only luxuries in the line up.  Cole, I think is past his prime.

All of the signed players did so at reasonable numbers.  If Lindholm and Zadorov want to do the same, then great.  If they want too much, have a nice life, they don't recognize a good thing when they see it.

Next up, I expect Silovs

If puckpedia is accurate, it looks like Joshua's contract has a modified NTC, which probably helped to negotiate a slightly lower AAV. And in contrast to what i first heard on 650, Myer's contract doesn't actually have any movement clauses? If true then it makes a bit more sense to give him the third year. 

Like many have said, if Myers can replicate last season's performance 3M is not bad.

I don't hate this, hoping it comes with a limited NTC, not a full NMC.

3 million was my break price for him. At that rate, he's reliable when he plays a simple game.

Not sure what this means for Zadorov though....

I think this was a spot to save some cap.  We still need two 2nd pairing guys and Soucy-Juulsen is a fine 3rd pairing.

They have earned the trust to see what it all looks like, but this is the first not great signing of the offseason for me.  If we end up with two more defence and two more top line wingers, then we are good.

28 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I’m a huge Zadorov fan, but I’m not sure that he’s better than Soucy. Maybe in playoffs, but to get there, you need a defensively reliable guy like Soucy back there playing top 4 minutes.

I don't see Soucy as defensively better than Zadorov.. and i'm unsure of how anyone else is seeing that either. 

Soucy also is hugely gaff prone... pucks over glass.. comically bad falling down pinches.. as we saw in the playoffs. He's like a baby chaos giraffe.. and also very important to me is injury proneness. Injuries happen but I am sick of term, money and roster spots being committed to players that play like half the year if at all.. This team has been hampered by that way way to often. 

I think Soucy/Myers at 6ish million is a fantastic THIRD pair on a deep contending team.. with tons of size, veterans and good enough defensively. Zads and an upgrade on myers should be the second pair. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

On the deal itself...$3M is okay. Maybe a bit much and I don't love 3 years, to be honest. This one might be okay for a year or so, but I think it'll stink by year 3.

Will you care if his name is on the Cup twice?

• Thanks 1