[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

56 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

No need to have the max 23 players on the roster.   We have $14,540,000 of space including LTIR, so if we sign Guentzel at 10 and Zadorov at 4.5, we can carry a 21 man roster into the season until someone gets injured.

Thank you Abby Canucks!

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Yah Myers is a fantastic mentor to have around the kids many of the youngsters come train at his place in Kelowna during the summer. 3m is great. He's a Canuck for life where he belongs. 

My favourite hit. Still not thrilled about this deal though. It’s like we’ve forgotten the years before last 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

My favourite hit. Still not thrilled about this deal though. It’s like we’ve forgotten the years before last 

Tocchet and his coaches tamed the chaos. Assuming that continues its good deal for the Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Myers contract sucked. Heck he and OEL even had a great year. He's absolutely worth 3m both on the ice and in the room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Another nice re-signing by PA - as many have noted, I liked how our coaches just simplified his game - he's a big guy with that reach - he should continue to be able to provide that defensive stance and (once in a while) - add that offensive push on rushes.  But I think as he matures in the next few years, hope he really helps solidify that D.  Can't win if you can't keep the puck out of your net.

Hopefully there are some more positive news in the coming days with regard to our other free agents.  Interested to see if we are able to land Big Z, a top 6 forward within budget and to fill the rest of bottom 6 with some bigger forwards, as some of the other western teams are not getting any smaller.

Also congrats to Huggy for his very impressive season this year and hopes he take some time off before the grind starts again in a couple of months.

Interesting next few days. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Lots of good enough deals backing the players that did a lot for us last year. Wanting it to be a little less and a little shorter doesn't mean it isn't fair. It's not a contract that'll hurt us really, even if he drops off.

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Tocchet and his coaches tamed the chaos. Assuming that continues its good deal for the Canucks.

I honestly dont know how people aren't seeing it was so clearly a coach issue, not players issues 

• Cheers 1

I've loved everything PA and JR have done but don't like this one at all.

I'd rather use that much needed 3m towards Tanev any day. Tanev is 5 times better than Myers and would really help this team get better and go far where as Myers just barely gets by always on the edge of getting beat and exposed taking too many stupid penalties.

They could've used Juulsen on the 3rd pairing for far cheaper and there's no way Myers is a top 4 defenseman.

If they spent this on chaos giraffe  Myers and now don't get the most important guy Zadorov signed I'll be absolutely pissed.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Devron said:

It's like you fail to acknowledge the work and impact of the new coaching staff.

11 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Says something about what Myers means to this group.  I feel like this group of players are gonna really gel and come  together this coming season.  Bringing back 95% of them will be a huge boost to their confidence and morale.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe Allvin already knows this and they have already pivoted to something else.

PA and JR play three-dimensional chess so I agree they probably have multiple plans they have thought through for all options. With JG in particular, they know there are many suitors and a bidding war is possible; same with Zads. Options are essential.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

I've loved everything PA and JR have done but don't like this one at all.

I'd rather use that much needed 3m towards Tanev any day. Tanev is 5 times better than Myers and would really help this team get better and go far where as Myers just barely gets by always on the edge of getting beat and exposed taking too many stupid penalties.

Myers can stay healthy for a deep playoff run.  Tanev won't.

• Cheers 2