[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

On 7/3/2024 at 3:51 PM, Bob Long said:

Touche.

Yea that sucked but sometimes the price is too high.

I just have a lot of faith in what Foote can do. 

I had a lot of faith with what he could have done with Z in the top 4 too, many others on here do not. 

22 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I am expecting better positioning from a 34 year old

Has that "34 year old" ALWAYS had better positioning? 😆 After all,he wasn't called "chaos gireffe" for nothing.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Has that "34 year old" ALWAYS had better positioning? 😆 After all,he wasn't called "chaos gireffe" for nothing.

His positioning under Toch and Foote was much better this year and it will improve again next season. Nothing ground breaking.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

That's something I'd love to ask foote

I think it’s pretty clear how Foote felt… Alvin flat out said they prioritized Myers  over Zad. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Dizzle said:

I think it’s pretty clear how Foote felt… Alvin flat out said they prioritized Myers  over Zad. 

Really? Wow, that's weird to say. I felt like Myers has had more criticisms laid on him, than Zadorov did. But maybe that's because Zadorov wasn't paid what Myers was, and didn't play in the top four. if he did, then it's very possible he would receive the same kinds of criticisms that Myers received and got. 

• chaos 1

14 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

I think this was before Tocchet, when coaches used to play him against top lines. He just doesn't play well when it comes to other team's best forwards. He's better suited in a second pairing (maybe), and third pairing (definitely). 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Big risk when the Canucks would be paying him what essentially Boston gave him. If he doesn't pan out as a top 4 then what? Team is stuck with a player who's making 5m, over the next 6 years, with all the other cap challenges they have moving forward (OEL, remember him?). This team can't be making those kinds of risks, when they have a limited window to win it all the next few years. 

I guess I just don't see the faults in his game as others do that would say" yeah that guy needs to have his minutes sheltered". I could see him beside Hronek or Hughes and compliment them so that they could do their thing, similar to what Schenn did for Hughes when he was here.

He has a lot of NHL experience and if he had any glaring issues, I am sure they would have been exposed by now. He did seem to take a while to get adjusted to our systems and maybe thats what people seen as his weaknesses? I don't know. 

I didn't see the risk of having a player who plays defense, plays physical and adds a little offense to boot, but like I said, all water under the bridge now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Big risk when the Canucks would be paying him what essentially Boston gave him. If he doesn't pan out as a top 4 then what? Team is stuck with a player who's making 5m, over the next 6 years, with all the other cap challenges they have moving forward (OEL, remember him?). This team can't be making those kinds of risks, when they have a limited window to win it all the next few years. 

Just basic common sense but folks fell in love with his physicality combined with his personality. Thankfully this management group thinks with their heads and not their hearts.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I guess I just don't see the faults in his game as others do that would say" yeah that guy needs to have his minutes sheltered". I could see him beside Hronek or Hughes and compliment them so that they could do their thing, similar to what Schenn did for Hughes when he was here.

He has a lot of NHL experience and if he had any glaring issues, I am sure they would have been exposed by now. He did seem to take a while to get adjusted to our systems and maybe thats what people seen as his weaknesses? I don't know. 

I didn't see the risk of having a player who plays defense, plays physical and adds a little offense to boot, but like I said, all water under the bridge now.

Yeah, well, I guess Allvin didn't think so. 

I think there were question marks about his ability to play in a top four, unsheltered minutes. If you're going to be paying a guy 5m or more, you don't want to shelter them. Look at Myers, he essentially crucified here because he was paid 6m per year, and couldn't handle the puck. Handled it like a live grenade. 

On 6/29/2024 at 12:32 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Same people are in charge as the ones that got Z for a pretty cheap price from the Flames.  No guarantees but nothing in life is a guarantee except being a wingman for Alflives in the nursing home.🕵️‍♀️

Getting Ready John Travolta GIF

• Haha 1

I think we’re going to be fine in the physicality department. Soucy, Myers, Forbort, Desharanais are all plenty physical. 

Rather have Myers at 3M than Zadorav at 5M. Yes Zadorav was great in a Canucks jersey but the guys been a borderline 4-5 D man his whole career. We hyped him too much. At 4.5X4 years I would have loved him back. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• Jess unpinned this topic

I just realized that by the end of this contract, Myers will likely have played more games in a Canucks sweater than Salo, Lumme, and possibly even Bieksa. Kind of crazy to think about.

• Cheers 2

On 7/5/2024 at 7:16 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

That’s Alvin’s public spin job. Not logical.

The fact they signed Myers before FA started refutes your spin job narrative. Your spin job narrative is not logical. 

24 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The fact they signed Myers before FA started refutes your spin job narrative. Your spin job narrative is not logical. 

Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. Nobody loves you and it shows.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

I’m pretty sure Tocchet mentioned guys going down too early as one of the things he wanted to clean up when he came in.

Funny how new coaches got through to Myers on a bad habit in a few weeks.