[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Maybe. Benning is no longer a GM

Nope but RHD are hard to get specially a big one.

I could see teams offering her m 4.25 for three years as a third pairing easily.

We got him at a discount for sure.I also think was a year to long but what's done is done.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Hmm i was hoping we could get him under 3M, and just heard that we gave him a NMC in the first two years with a 10 team no trade - kind of iffy with that but.

It's looking more and more like we won't be able to keep Zadorov. 

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yup.  Remember seeing something about him having rookies stay with him in Kelowna during the off-season a couple of years ago.  Add in a big body built for the playoffs and I like this deal.

Yep he’s extended himself and his family to any rookie who’s ever joined this club since Myers has been here. He also went waaaaay out of his way to try and positively influence Virtanen and turn him around. Myers is a solid human being with great character. 

and just as important,

he destroyed Duncan Keith.

never forget:

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well yeah, but we have to be realistic.

What top 4 RHD is signing for $4m at Free Agency this year?

Tanev, Pesce, Roy, Miller, Carrier should all be in that $4-5.5m range, 

• Cheers 1

If Tyler can improve his shot/goal percentage even a little bit he’d be a hugely valuable asset. How many times did he have room to walk in from the point and shoot only to miss the net or hit the crest? His shooting needs work. 

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

Hmm i was hoping we could get him under 3M, and just heard that we gave him a NMC in the first two years with a 10 team no trade - kind of iffy with that but.

It's looking more and more like we won't be able to keep Zadorov. 

Why do you get that impression? lol.

This doesn't really change anything. Whether it was Myers or a UFA replacement, they needed a d-man other than Zadorov.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Yep he’s extended himself and his family to any rookie who’s ever joined this club since Myers has been here. He also went waaaaay out of his way to try and positively influence Virtanen and turn him around. Myers is a solid human being with great character. 

and just as important,

And broke Crysaitl.

• Cheers 3

Just now, RWJC said:

and just as important,

Brutalized Beniers too. That was kinda crazy. Surprised he didn't catch more heat for that heat. Lol.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Hughes - Hronek

Zadorov - Tanev

Soucy - Myers

I almost like that more than getting a winger. 

That'd be great. Problem being it doesn't leave a lot of cap to address our top 6.

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

and just as important,

Maybe he can destroy Pouty McDiver?

• Haha 1