[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

Don't mind the cap hit, but 3 years feels too long. Hopefully we can still pick up another RD to help manage Myers's minutes. He played a lot better this year with a little more rest.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

The biggest knock on Zadorov is that he plays the same side as Hughes and Soucy. From a roster-building perspective, he’s a luxury right now.

He's as good or better than Soucy. Was far more consistent defensively and offensively in the playoffs. Sounds like more of a building block than a luxury. 

Like Joshua, he’ll have to decide if he wants to chase max dollars, or take something in the 4s to stay in Vancouver.

The word has been that he's willing to work with the team, so max dollars was never mentioned as a stalemate.

I think Sat or someone said, they have a certain number earmarked for the top 6.  They can fill it if Zadorov signs for what they’ve offered, but if he isn’t willing to accept, it becomes a lot more complicated as they see what’s out there.

Build from the net out. 

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers could get 4+ AAV on the open market. 

yeah this is definitely true (likely 1 or 2 years). 

Overall I feel okay about this deal for Van. Would have preferred 2 years instead of 3 or 2.5 over 3 years. 

But all good, if this is the worst signing we have this offseason then I can live with it. The coaches love the guy and I think most the players do too. It is mainly the fans (I am included in this) that complain about his spotty play. Full credit to him for having a really solid year/playoffs last season. Hope it continues. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

A year too long. I feel this was a player they could have squeezed hard to get him to come back

I think you’ll soon find out this was squeezed! I think Myers on the market could have got 2 years at 4.25-4.75 mill a year. We get him for less by giving an extra year. RHD market gets a boost in dollars.

Just now, Dizzle said:

I don’t think many people ‘want’ Garland traded. I think some of us question whether or not management ‘wants’ a 5m contract on the third line. 

Part of the reason bleuger and Joshua are back is to playbwith Garland.  That lines ability to dictate play is the biggest reason we won the division.

1 minute ago, Dizzle said:

I don’t think many people ‘want’ Garland traded. I think some of us question whether or not management ‘wants’ a 5m contract on the third line. 

Garly is that magnetic-monster that t-shirts are designed for! Our Taz Devil.

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I'm thinking Allvin can walk and chew gum at the same time.

I'm as desperate for Z to be back as any other fan here. Taking the time to get a couple other contracts signed doesn't automatically mean he is ignoring Big Z or letting him walk.

I know. I just wonder. And then my mind wanders.🤣

• Cheers 1

RT as coach with Foote and Gonchar at the defensive helm make Myers a better player. 

I wanted Myers bought out last year but he proved to be a good player this year and was a beast in the playoffs. 

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m glad he is staying at 3M, it’s a good contract. I just hope we can sneak in Big Z. 

38 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Awesome! Good veteran guy now on a reasonable contract. 

No issue with this whatsoever. Folks just need to get over their PTSD of the 2020-2022 seasons and realize Myers under Foote has been awesome.

Myers @ $3m is a fantastic contract.

Big Z you're up!

Wouldn't say awesome,but was better. Guy still makes really weird decisions.

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Odd that the free agent who had the greatest impact in the playoffs is still not inked to a new deal. Seems very counterproductive. 

Zad knows his value so Allvin had to show how popular the Canucks are today with all the player taking paycuts and sign.

Allvin also knows vetter how much he can spend on Zad.

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

The biggest knock on Zadorov is that he plays the same side as Hughes and Soucy. From a roster-building perspective, he’s a luxury right now.  

Like Joshua, he’ll have to decide if he wants to chase max dollars, or take something in the 4s to stay in Vancouver. 

I think Sat or someone said, they have a certain number earmarked for the top 6.  They can fill it if Zadorov signs for what they’ve offered, but if he isn’t willing to accept, it becomes a lot more complicated as they see what’s out there.

The thing is .. he's better than Soucy.. has more attributes than Soucy.. and was used more than Soucy when it counted in the playoffs... He is also not as injury prone as Soucy. If its a matter of only being allowed to have one of them.. I trade Soucy and resign Zadorov. But the team would be better with both. 

2 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Garly can easily move up and down the roster, Play PK and PP..

24 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yep he’s extended himself and his family to any rookie who’s ever joined this club since Myers has been here. He also went waaaaay out of his way to try and positively influence Virtanen and turn him around. Myers is a solid human being with great character. 

and just as important,

he destroyed Duncan Keith.

never forget:

IMG_0859.gif

• chaos 4

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Because someone was loony tunes enough to sign him for $4M a year?

Exactly, and that was before tha cap went up also.

3 mill for Myers while the cap goes up during those three years is a good deal.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

and.....strong skaters and play a big game. Sprong has been a producer while playing bottom ix roles.

And that's great and all, but who's playing with Petey?