[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Tyler Myers (3 Years x $3 Million)

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Part of the reason bleuger and Joshua are back is to playbwith Garland.  That lines ability to dictate play is the biggest reason we won the division.

Again… I get that. I’m just saying, he is the last bigish contract that could free up space for another significant move. I don’t personally think they’ll move him… for exactly the reason you said… but it’s also not optimal to have a guy making 5 a year on the third line. 

for example… maybe they think Hoglander can do what garland did to a lesser extent and have an ability to bring in a real impact winger for Petey to play with and decide it’s worth it. 

1 minute ago, LillStrimma said:

Exactly, and that was before tha cap went up also.

3 mill for Myers while the cap goes up during those three years is a good deal.

It's alright. I like the player, but his age is the real factor here. Veteran presences are usually older though. 

10 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

According to Capfriendly we have 19/23 roster spots accounted for with 12mil in cap. So, yeah. I don't see Guentzel and Zads in our future. One or the other. We arguably needed two top 6 forwards and a top 4 D. And we may end up with just one top 4 D. Like I said earlier, we're gonna be strutting out some more tweeners for Petey to try carry. Then we'll inevitably blame him for not doing enough with, let me check my notes, a 1mil Hoglander and Lafferty 2.0. What a scrub.

It could be that the Canucks talked to Gunner last couple of days and found his number was approaching McJesus "let's extend" numbers and so have already passed. Who knows? 

Trust in PA / JR, we will be standing on the big dance floor next June looking back and saying "Deeeyaaaammmmnn, remember when we all thought....."

Not a fan of the third year, but I am a big fan of last years version of Myers. If he can be a reasonable facsimile of that for a couple more years I’m good with this. I trust Tocchet and his cadre of ex-defensemen coaches to sustain his level of play a little longer.

4 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Curious at to who?

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tanev, Pesce, Roy, Miller, Carrier should all be in that $4-5.5m range, 

3 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

With the two signings of Joshua and Myers, I think it's ~12 M.

Tuff to see Zad and one of those high end forwards for that. Reinhart might be 7-8 on a normal year… but popping off for over 90 points may change that. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Nucks780 said:

Are we coming back with the same team lol. Please at least get a good top 6 forward.

Fans are already dumpster diving for the next bottom 6 forward to slot next to Petey, wondering why he isn't able to do more.

There's an old hockey saying, boys and girls: "You can't teach reach".

Also, defensemen can generally be effective at an older age than forwards. I'm not concerned about paying 3 million to a veteran defender. Especially a giant one.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I know. I just wonder. And then my mind wanders.🤣

Just as long as they get him signed!

I like his smile about as much as Kuzy's.  It he does walk, it will really suck.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's alright. I like the player, but his age is the real factor here. Veteran presences are usually older though. 

I saw Börje Salming old and slow as feck but damn how good he was the last time he played for the national team. On a big rink also wich would have been worse. 

If Myers stay as a D and don’t flounder away in the offensive zone he is really good.

Edited by LillStrimma
  • chaos 1

Just now, LillStrimma said:

I saw Börje Salming old and slow as feck but damn how good he was the last time he played for the national team. On a big rink also wich would have been worse. 

If Myers stay as a D and don’t flander away in the offensive zone he is really good.

I hate it when a player flanders away. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Love Myers and with Hronek and Hughes taking the reigns Myers will be better with less minute munching than under JB 

Exactly! Myers is being paid to be a bottom pairing guy now. IMHAO we are still going to add another D. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1