[UFA] Prospects Not Being Qualified by Vancouver (Aiden McDonough)

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [UFA] Prospects Not Being Qualified by Vancouver (Aiden McDonough)

Dhaliwal falling to the sunk cost fallacy.

He wasn't that great in Abbotsford. Will be 25 in November. At this point his ceiling is probably an AHL top six forward. Maybe a 4th line NHL guy if he can learn to handle the grindier style.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He wasn't that great in Abbotsford. Will be 25 in November. At this point his ceiling is probably an AHL top six forward. Maybe a 4th line NHL guy if he can learn to handle the grindier style.

ya at his age his first year in the AHL wasn't that exciting and maybe he wants a change too

I thought he had some qualities that were great, but he definitely was still raw as a player. Had some really solid tools though. Good finisher, needed better skating and creativity and off puck movement though. 

Has a chance at being an NHL player but is still a couple years away if development goes well.

Funny, I thought he looked alright in his couple games when called up, but just didn’t seem to have the extra gear to separate himself from the other forwards on the team in the AHL. Good luck wherever he ends up.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

His numbers in the AHL don't look like he would be anywhere near the top 6 even in that league. Haven't watched much of Abbotsford but I remember this guy looking like he had a great shot.. surprised to see just how many other players out scored him.. BY A LOT. 

52 minutes ago, rmok said:

His numbers in the AHL don't look like he would be anywhere near the top 6 even in that league. Haven't watched much of Abbotsford but I remember this guy looking like he had a great shot.. surprised to see just how many other players out scored him.. BY A LOT. 

Yeah certainly not yet. At 24, turning 25 though, I could see him improving a bit--just not a lot and likely not enough to make the NHL.