Quinn Hughes Wins Norris Trophy

40 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

First for Canucks. 

More to come. Won't be his only Norris. 

Hopefully not but we'll see.  There aren't a lot of repeat Norris winners and the ones who are...are mega legends.  Brad Park won zero, Al MacInnis and Scott Niedermayer...one.  Housley zero.  Larry Murphy zero.  Kevin Lowe...never even a finalist.  Blake and Pronger...one.  Guy Lapointe, zero.  Serge Savard, zero.

Good news is that a Norris almost gets you right into the HOF.  And barring disaster Hughes will have the career numbers to guarantee it.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Congratulations Quinn. He earned that. He's been dedicated to getting better every year and it's making our team better by forcing the rest of the team to do the same.

Stanley Cup and MVP at some point.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

27 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Oh captain, my captain!!!!!! And thank you to Detroit for passing on him!!!!!

We’ve had our share of first round draft whiffs in recent times - Virt and OJ come to mind - but at least they are not quite on the tragic scale of Detroit picking Zadina over a Norris Trophy winner. Quinn had strong Michigan ties too. Yikes. But also, THANKS. 😃

• Cheers 1

I'm surprised this isnt bigger news! It should be pinned to the front page, especially with the first norris for vancouver. I had to find out about this on reddit lol. Congrats to higgy bear, hes a helluva player. Voting wasnt even close... love it!

• Like 2