Congratulations Captain Quinn Hughes

6 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

It would’ve been criminal if he didn’t win it this year. I don’t think there’s another defenceman out there that comes close to having so much impact on his team.  

The voters agreed with you. Hughes was first on about 90% of the ballots. He got 172 first place votes. Josi got 12 and Makar got 9. Historical numbers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

The voters agreed with you. Hughes was first on about 90% of the ballots. He got 172 first place votes. Josi got 12 and Makar got 9. Historical numbers.

Who are the knobs that had him 3rd? 

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I think so 

Then cull the idiots who are clearly voting in hopes of helping their chosen one win. A couple idiots caused Josi the Norris in a season he was better than Salad Boy. 

Thank you for this prestigious award. First I'd like to thank my parents for instilling in me a drive to win that we haven't seen since Alexander the Great Conquered the world. Second I'd like to thank little baby jesus showing me that even the very smallest can be great. 3rd I'd like to thank Elvis stojko for teaching me my God like edge work and most of all I'd like to thank myself for being the greatest canuck of all time!!!! That's right Norris Hughes baby!!!!

• Like 1

I think Canucks fan base takes Hughes for granted sometimes and forgets what life was like before Hughes.

We’ve always had solid top 4 D but not once was there a dman even close to Hughes’s stature. It’s a huge reason why this team has never won a cup. True top pair D always go to the final dance and more often than not win a cup. 

watta accomplishment for the best defenseman in franchise history 

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Billabong said:

I think Canucks fan base takes Hughes for granted sometimes and forgets what life was like before Hughes.

We’ve always had solid top 4 D but not once was there a dman even close to Hughes’s stature. It’s a huge reason why this team has never won a cup.

Even on his last legs Paul Reinhart was sort of within a stone's throw of Hughes...and was an absolute playoff beast and legend, turned it up in the postseason the way Linden did.  Had three or four magnificent playoffs with Calgary.  A younger Babych in Winnipeg and maybe Hartford was in the same ball park but he had entered his "Trottier in Pittsburgh" defensively oriented years by the time he got to Vancouver, though that didn't stop him from scoring the only regular season hat trick by a defenseman in Canucks history.