[Trade] Mangiapane to Washington

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Good deal for Washington too they need some speed 

Washington could lowkey be quite improved offensively next season if their additions works out

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Teardown time in Calgary.

But how will they move on from Huberdeau?

If I’m Calgary I’d try to pawn him to Chicago and sell them on pairing him with Bedard, which I could see it working.

Utah could be another option since they need to reach the floor and could use a big name for their first year. 

But most likely Calgary might have to retain a bit.

I don't understand moving Mangiapane. I realize his numbers have sagged, but the same is true for most of the Calgary roster. A lot of the time, Mangiapane seemed to be engaged and effective. What on earth is Craig Conroy doing, and what is his plan? In his tenure as GM, he has moved out Hanifin, Zadorov, Lindholm, Tanev, Markstrom and now Mangiapane. But draft picks, yay. Right now the Flames are looking like they will be San Jose bad this season. 

11 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't understand moving Mangiapane. I realize his numbers have sagged, but the same is true for most of the Calgary roster. A lot of the time, Mangiapane seemed to be engaged and effective. What on earth is Craig Conroy doing, and what is his plan? In his tenure as GM, he has moved out Hanifin, Zadorov, Lindholm, Tanev, Markstrom and now Mangiapane. But draft picks, yay. Right now the Flames are looking like they will be San Jose bad this season. 

His numbers are fairly consistent, except for that contract year...

As to the rest, the Flames are clearly rebuilding. They have loads of picks, some good young talent, some projects, and almost $30 million to play with either in free agency or by aquiring contracts plus more prospects/picks. Conroy is doing rather well.

39 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

He's only got a season left, maybe he didn't plan on staying. If so, moving him out sooner than later gets them an asset sooner than later, and cap space sooner than later.