[Trade] Mangiapane to Washington

Someone explain why the Flames aren’t retaining or having to send some kind of sweetener? I get that there’s only one year left but taking all of that 5.8 off of Conroy’s hands? ( not that he’s going to mobilize any of that money). And they get a second? I thought Alvin bent the Hawks over …..

27 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Someone explain why the Flames aren’t retaining or having to send some kind of sweetener? I get that there’s only one year left but taking all of that 5.8 off of Conroy’s hands? ( not that he’s going to mobilize any of that money). And they get a second? I thought Alvin bent the Hawks over …..

Flames didn't need someone to take Mang to clear cap. This seems like a case of Washington just liking this player. Adding him now gives them a chance to see if he works out, and agrees to an extension. If it doesn't work, then they retain half and flip him to get a pick back at next deadline.

• Cheers 2

I think it was @Alflivesattacking him last week but Conroy has done a hell of a job going into a rebuild. 
yeah he is saddled with the terrible Huberdeau and Kadri deals, but you need to get to min cap. 
Mangiapanne was a terrible contract and he dumped it for an asset. Fantastic job by Conroy. 
How many assets have they got back for a group of players they signed as UFAs on top of that. 
‘Good work by Conroy, too bad they won’t have the patience to do the full rebuild. 

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think it was @Alflivesattacking him last week but Conroy has done a hell of a job going into a rebuild. 
yeah he is saddled with the terrible Huberdeau and Kadri deals, but you need to get to min cap. 
Mangiapanne was a terrible contract and he dumped it for an asset. Fantastic job by Conroy. 
How many assets have they got back for a group of players they signed as UFAs on top of that. 
‘Good work by Conroy, too bad they won’t have the patience to do the full rebuild. 

Is it, though? Ok he's got a lot of picks, and a shell of old or underperforming players left.

Let's see what he does with it, because right now it looks pretty bad to me.

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Is it, though? Ok he's got a lot of picks, and a shell of old or underperforming players left.

Let's see what he does with it, because right now it looks pretty bad to me.

isn’t that what a rebuild is?

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

isn’t that what a rebuild is?

Depends what he does, as you said he might not be patient enough to do it right.

Dunno, I don't think he's done all that well but maybe Cowtown has a good scouting department.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Depends what he does, as you said he might not be patient enough to do it right.

Dunno, I don't think he's done all that well but maybe Cowtown has a good scouting department.

I think as a Vancouver fan the baseline for what a rebuild is is so low. Gaining not giving up pics seems like advanced calculus compared to the simple arithmetic that Benning kept getting wrong. 

• Haha 2

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I think as a Vancouver fan the baseline for what a rebuild is is so low. Gaining not giving up pics seems like advanced calculus compared to the simple arithmetic that Benning kept getting wrong. 

Tonight Show Laughing GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

What makes you think that?

Similar to us, their ownership doesn’t have the patience. I bet they will get into some ill advised UFA moves ala Benning to show the fans they are still trying.