[Speculation] Florida shopping Ekblad

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I know he is a bit fragile at times, but man he was a beast in the playoffs.  I can't see FLA winning the Cup this year if he wasn't there.

He really came up big, winning the cup may make moving on easier

I recall speculation that he might be moved being a thing earlier in the season

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Apparently Leafs have made a strong enquiry. They are definitely going to snag a prominent D from somewhere soon 

They need to unload Marner first

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I know he is a bit fragile at times, but man he was a beast in the playoffs.  I can't see FLA winning the Cup this year if he wasn't there.

No the reason they won is OEL. I would know, I just won the motherfucking Norris

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Apparently Leafs have made a strong enquiry. They are definitely going to snag a prominent D from somewhere soon 

He'd certainly be a big upgrade for them, injury history or not

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

They need to unload Marner first

It'll probs happen this week imo

Guy is a mixed bag in terms of health, but when is healthy is an absolute horse. Would be a great piece to try along side Hughes, doubt we have the assets though, and with Myers re-signing, probably not the cap if we also want to target a top 6 forward. Oh well. Utah will knock on their door. With no term on the deal, and Florida desperately wanting cap. Probably won't fetch a major haul. Standard 1st, good prospect and decent NHL level player.

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

As an RD, maybe

Not sure I see Buffalo adding another big D tho, they just brought in Byram

I just think that team needs a vet top 4 RHD and a a vet forward or 2 way too many kids in that lineup its crazy

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I just think that team needs a vet top 4 RHD and a a vet forward or 2 way too many kids in that lineup its crazy

They definitely do. All 4 of their top D are left-handed (Dahlin, Power, Byram, and Samuelsson), they could really use a top 4 RHD to help balance things out.

Ekblad would probably look good here too, but we would have to move out some money and Florida likely doesn't want any money coming back in the deal.

20 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

They definitely do. All 4 of their top D are left-handed (Dahlin, Power, Byram, and Samuelsson), they could really use a top 4 RHD to help balance things out.

Ekblad would probably look good here too, but we would have to move out some money and Florida likely doesn't want any money coming back in the deal.

Are you a sabres fan?

1 hour ago, Diamonds said:

Dahlin plays the right side, and Clifton has been decent, but one more RHD wouldn't hurt.