[Rumour] Panthers working to lock up Verhaeghe and Reinhart

Just now, RWJC said:

Good work today @Coconuts.

Thank you!

Verhaege cashing in. Wow!

Goes to show how expensive good players are becoming.

Everything's going up, folks better get used to it sooner than later 

Folks gotta remember that's 8-8.5M in Florida 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bingo - Florida money just raises the difficult surcharges on CDN teams to afford the same. EP deal will look quite fair soon enough even if his stat lines remain the same.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Bingo - Florida money just raises the difficult surcharges on CDN teams to afford the same. EP deal will look quite fair soon enough even if his stat lines remain the same.

Absolutely, it'll be interesting to see if this news affects what Guentzel gets too

EP's deal will probably age fairly imo, top end guys are just gonna keep getting paid more and more

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yeah it's gonna be closer to $1.2M for every 10 points of production soon.  In other words, a 100 point scorer will be in the $12M.  Means a 50 point scorer like Garland would be in the $6M range.  Verhaege, a 75 point man in the $9M range.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah it's gonna be closer to $1.2M for every 10 points of production soon.  In other words, a 100 point scorer will be in the $12M.  Means a 50 point scorer like Garland would be in the $6M range.  Verhaege, a 75 point man in the $9M range.

Pretty much, yeah

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, vanisleryan said:

Do they have the space to sign Reinhart? If he hits free agency on July 1 I’d love him over Guentzel, hometown boy

They've got about 19.5M, more if they can move out Ekblad's cap entirely 

They won't be able to keep everyone, but they should be able to keep the higher end guys

Verhaeghe's deal not kicking in til after next season would help a bit

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

He’s been pretty much ppg guy in regular season and playoffs two years in a row ona. Cup finals and cup champion team 

Is 28 should be a pretty good comp to guentzel contract 

• Coconuts changed the title to [Rumour] Panthers working to lock up Verhaeghe and Reinhart
5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Seems crazy to spent nearly 40M on 4 forwards (hey that sounds familiar). I guess it's different when you've actually won with this core. I wonder how their defense will look like though. Moving on from Ekblad will impact them more than it seems I'd think.

10 minutes ago, Wing said:

Seems crazy to spent nearly 40M on 4 forwards (hey that sounds familiar). I guess it's different when you've actually won with this core. I wonder how their defense will look like though. Moving on from Ekblad will impact them more than it seems I'd think.

They won a cup, that changes everything. With the cap jumps over the next while it probably won't be long til this is more common. The difference is they're all likely making less than Barkov's 10M. No 11+, 12+, 13M forwards. 

We'll see what they do with Ekblad, it was never a guarantee he'd be extended anyway. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

$8M for Verhaeghe and $9M for Reinhart

Maybe 8.5M and 9.5M on the high end, but it should be in that range.

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

MAkes way too much sense to lock up both this should be a good run for the Cats 

Wouldn't be surprised to see them make another final sooner than later, they're well run 

• Cheers 1