[Signing] Preds extend Saros

2 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Guy has been in the infirmary as much as Tanev and Salo. I dunno if I give Demmer 10mil. One 60 game season under his belt. Love the guy, but he's in 8mil territory tops barring an incredible season.

Bobrovsky was cosidered a gross overpayment, one of the worst contracts in hockey.   Even with cap going up, 10 for anyone not winning Vezina's and playoff rounds is still an overpayment for goalies.    It's too fickle a position.   Saros got paid in term, for being reliable, that's extremely rare and very risky. 

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya i dunno about it..he's eligible for extension next summer?? unless he can show he can play around 55ish games + playoff i wouldn't be rushing to sign him in the summer.. and if he have another injury somewhere.. i serious consider cutting loose and trade him in the summer with a year left so you can get haul

Big ask if he does stay healthy and play well, if management views us as being in our window they way folks say we are they'll probably opt to keep him. 

11 hours ago, nergish said:

Hmmm... no real light at the end of the tunnel there for Askarov, who was fantastic this year on the farm.

11 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If it's in the 7 range like is suspected, might be worth. Bob just won the cup as a 10mil goalie. So, Saros at 7-8mil would be incredible. Signing anyone to 8 years is a risk. But you take that gamble on your superstars. Saros is one of the 3-5 best goalies in the game. I gamble on him at 7-8mil. And no major injuries that I am aware of. 3 straight 60+ seasons. Which is pretty good for a modern goalie. I love Saros and if they net him at around 7mil they're laughing.

The biggest question is, what happens with Askarov?

11 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Perhaps Askarov is a trade chip. They are looking to add offence up front. 

11 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Looks like they want their Swayman/Ullmark combo. Kinda figured it might be the play. Goalies don't have the greatest trade value, but immense on ice value.

More than likely his value continues to go up too if he plays well alongside Saros

Saros himself stewed for a while while Rinne was around