[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

• Rocket-68 changed the title to [RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

I think PA must at least check with his camp on July 1 to see what his ask would be. He's already 34, but still productive, plays center. I think a team like Detroit will offer him 4 years. i wonder if he'd be willing to play for a canadian team...

• chaos 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

There's a lot of speculation that Detroit's gonna take a big run at him

How’d that go with Joshua? 🤣

Stamkos wants a cup. No way he’s ready for the Patrick Kane route yet. He’s still in his prime.

• Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well this is interesting (ps. searched and didn't see a similar thread).  ... personally, I would prefer Stamkos over Gunner if both come in at a similar AAV but Stamkos with a much shorter term. Can't help but think pairing Stamkos with Petey and adding a giant on the left wing to keep everyone honest would be a wicked line for the next few years. Who the giant would be, well that is up to PA. 

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/steven-stamkos-heads-to-free-agency-no-deal-with-lightning/ar-BB1p4Qbf?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Giant = Joshua

Then, go sign Martinhook to compete with Podz to play on 3rd line

• chaos 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

How’d that go with Joshua? 🤣

Stamkos wants a cup. No way he’s ready for the Patrick Kane route yet. He’s still in his prime.

He's got two cups, and there's the Yzerman connection, we'll see

I think he is going to Detroit. Yzerman cleared all that capspace and Detroit is looking at making a jump next season to be in the playoffs (they were really close this seaon) and I can see him end up in Detroit.

I don't feel Detroit is ready to compete for a cup. To be honest they're not even guaranteed playoff spot next year. If Stamkos want to win he should go somewhere else. Nashville would probably push for him to be the 1-2 punch with O'Reilly, but you'd wonder if they can replicate their success late last season, and we did eliminate them in the first round lol.

And then there's Vegas. You always question how but they somehow they always managed to go for it and get away with it.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's got two cups, and there's the Yzerman connection, we'll see

Kane has three.

No way Stamkos is ready to throw in the towel. Yzerman isn’t doing anything that says Detroit is close to contention.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Kane has three.

No way Stamkos is ready to throw in the towel. Yzerman isn’t doing anything that says Detroit is close to contention.

We'll see, if he does hit UFA there'll be a lot of teams inquiring

Nashville would make a lot of sense

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Hoglander-Pettersson-Stamkos

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland.

my oh my 

My Oh My Indeed!!

hawk-tuah.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland.

my oh my 

Looks sexy. However, getting him out Guentzel will inhibit our ability to get another top RHD for next season,  nevermind resigning Zadorov. His all has got to be around the same number as Guentzel so about 9mill per

I would overpay for Stammers pedigree. his compete level is off the charts and not to mention his shot is killer. I think his game will still be effective as he ages. it would signal to the team that we are in win now mode.
only tough part is it would hamper our ability to acquire another good D and/or Zad

• chaos 1

The wrinkle is Guentzel, if Carolina does sign him I wonder if Tampa makes things work with Stamkos

Interesting approach though, potentially dipping your franchise icon and captain for Guentzel

I would love Stamkos on this team but the most I’d be willing to go is $8M over two years. If he wants more term I’d insist on lower AAV. With the cap going up and Stamkos being a model of consistency as a ppg player, I just don’t think we’ll be able to compete with what other teams can offer. He’ll probably fetch $9 x 3 years.

13 minutes ago, TopCheese said:

If we lose on JG and Toff u take a run at stammer on a short term 2-3 yr deal max to play with petey we need a shooter badly on that 2nd line 

It's a joke but seriously if they have Stammer as plan C they will run out of time.

If Stamkos takes a 4 year deal that takes him to 38 and Guentzel a 7 year one that takes him to 37 I think I take Stamkos all day - assuming similar AAV.

Pipe dream stuff at the moment, but you never know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I would overpay for Stammers pedigree. his compete level is off the charts and not to mention his shot is killer. I think his game will still be effective as he ages. it would signal to the team that we are in win now mode.
only tough part is it would hamper our ability to acquire another good D and/or Zad

Stamkos 4 x $8.5

Big Zeke 7 x 4.5

Tanev 2 x $3M

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland.

4th line 

Hughes - Honker

Zadorov - Tanev 

Myers - Soucy

Friedman / Juulsen

Have to find a way to shed about $2M if my math is correct. D is my thoughts and I am sure the coaches will have other thoughts.

Please oh Please oh Please ... hockey gods smile on us for once and make this happen. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1