[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

We better be. Once July 1 hits and this guy is available, we have at least 9.5–10M available for him 

I think we can go as high as $8 million if we wanted to and still get a decent LHD to replace Zadorov.  I think we didn't sign Zadorov because we are going all in on a winger for Petey and wanted to make sure we had the cap space available to do it...

• Like 2

Didn't think Tampa would of let him walk when he could of been signed to a better deal then the 10 mil Guentzel is getting, but sure now we have a chance to offer the best FA a short term contract with 9-10 mill a season get it done, I'm more excited if we can get Stamkos more so then if we got Guentzel wasn't worth over 9mil in my eyes.  Stamkos is older so at 3-4 year deal will be alot better then 7 years.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Sounds like Nashville, Boston or Detroit for stammer as the most likely landing places. 

Not sure why they'd have a better shot.  Detroit, I guess you make the argument he's close to home........but a long way from another Cup

Edited by stawns

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not sure why they'd have a better shot.  Detroit, I guess you make the argument he's close to home........but a long way from another Cup

Just what I’ve been reading. I would love having him here, think we could make a competitive offer and give him better running mates than at least two of those teams. 

but who knows what he wants. 

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

I have no idea why he would chose to move across the continent with 10

other offers on the table. 

Playing in Canada for a team on the rise that should have a good shot at winning the cup over the next few years. I do think if he leaves Tampa it'll be to a contender, and I just don't see teams like Nashville or Detroit in that conversation yet.

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they come out of tomorrow with

Stamkos or Marchesseault

Roy

Kylington

I would not be upset

Yep that would be decent and no major steps back.

I'm not thrilled about zad but he thinks he'll get a lot more. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

I have no idea why he would chose to move across the continent with 10

other offers on the table. 

Money will be same in any offer around .Maybe chance to win is difference ?

Edited by Lemon Face

1 minute ago, Pears said:

$6.1 million when we were in on Guentzel is too much? What?

Stamkos realistically has 2-3 good seasons left at best whereas you could get 5 or 6 out of Guentzel, so it’s not entirely wrong. 

Too much for what he brings not too much that we can afford. 

The -21 with 40 goals is a tad concerning. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Stamkos realistically has 2-3 good seasons left at best whereas you could get 5 or 6 out of Guentzel, so it’s not entirely wrong. 

Too much for what he brings not too much that we can afford. 

The -21 with 40 goals is a tad concerning. 

He very well could have 3-5 good years left…. Guy is well worth 6+ mil. Probably more like 7-9 depending on term. 

• Like 1