[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

Just now, chris12345 said:

It's a joke but seriously if they have Stammer as plan C they will run out of time.

I dunno why people are so high on Toffoli.  He wouldn't be my Plan B, or even Plan C.

Kind of wild imagining him on another team. He was basically the default guy behind Ovechkin when it came to elite goal scorers for years.

Just now, HKSR said:

I dunno why people are so high on Toffoli.  He wouldn't be my Plan B, or even Plan C.

I am very high on TT. I like him better than Guentzel. I think $ per pound he is better and allows for multiple options. I think Guentzel is the better player but leaves massive holes on either right D or two wingers in the top 6.

• Like 1

Just now, chris12345 said:

I am very high on TT. I like him better than Guentzel. I think $ per pound he is better and allows for multiple options. I think Guentzel is the better player but leaves massive holes on either right D or two wingers in the top 6.

Toffoli for his price point and right handed shot could very well be better bang for your buck than Guentzel. 

Petey needs a finisher - but if it’s him and Hoglander, they could also use the RH shot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I get it, he's kind of slow. He has shown previous chemistry with EP though. 

Just now, HKSR said:

Perhaps the thought is he could be had for cheaper if he would want to be here. 

Same with Tanev. 

If that’s the case then it would save us cap for more upgrades. 

Obviously no guarantee that would be the case but if you can get quality players at lower market value then you do it. 

If that’s not the case then you look elsewhere IMO. 

Just now, The Duke said:

Toffoli for his price point and right handed shot could very well be better bang for your buck than Guentzel. 

Petey needs a finisher - but if it’s him and Hoglander, they could also use the RH shot.

I totally agree with this. Would rather a shorter term, number for TT than Guentzel. TT has shown previous chemistry with EP as well 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Really?  I dunno... regular season maybe.  I don't like how his performance drops in the playoffs.  Seems to drop by about 0.2 PPG in the playoffs consistently in his career.

• chaos 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because he's a pure goal scorer

I get that... but the playoffs is what we SHOULD care about most now...

260 goals in 812 career NHL regular season games = 0.32 goals per game in the regular season = translates to 26 goals in 82 games.

20 goals in 93 career NHL playoff games = 0.215 goals per game in the regular season = translates to 18 goals in 82 games.

That's a significant drop in production from regular season to playoffs for a "pure goal scorer".

42 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well this is interesting (ps. searched and didn't see a similar thread).  ... personally, I would prefer Stamkos over Gunner if both come in at a similar AAV but Stamkos with a much shorter term. Can't help but think pairing Stamkos with Petey and adding a giant on the left wing to keep everyone honest would be a wicked line for the next few years. Who the giant would be, well that is up to PA. 

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/steven-stamkos-heads-to-free-agency-no-deal-with-lightning/ar-BB1p4Qbf?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Crouse     Pettersson    Stamkos

Do it Allvin!!!

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • chaos 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Preds beat reporter

I think NAS is going big  fish hunting this UFA season.  They'll land one of the more expensive forwards. 

I'd offer 2x8m with him and see if he can be lured here by Petey and Huggy, and Vancouver as a whole. He'll get better offers elsewhere, but hey. Gotta at least touch bases with his camp. His shot on the powerplay would be absolutely insane to have. Move Millsy down to the goal line. Absolute pipe dream, but it's the summer months, the time to dream.

• chaos 1

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Really?  I dunno... regular season maybe.  I don't like how his performance drops in the playoffs.  Seems to drop by about 0.2 PPG in the playoffs consistently in his career.

I'd have to see the entire plan and obviously I won't.

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think NAS is going big  fish hunting this UFA season.  They'll land one of the more expensive forwards. 

I think so, Trotz has been a pretty savvy GM thus far

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What connection to Nashville does he have?

Has he played for Trotz? Teammates with any current Pred?

He could talk to Schenn, who's still there, or McDonagh who just was, Jeannot too

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I doubt anyone signs for more than Marner’s $10.9 - so I think they land the most expensive player this offseason.

I think the Canucks make an offer.  9x4 would be my guess.  I'd do that over Guentzel at 9.5x7.  Stamkos is older but still able to score 40 goals.  I don't think he will regress until year 4.  Play him with Petey.  Imagine the power play with Petey, Miller, Stamkos, Brock and Quinn.  Oh my...

• Like 2
  • chaos 1