[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

18 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Toffoli for his price point and right handed shot could very well be better bang for your buck than Guentzel. 

Petey needs a finisher - but if it’s him and Hoglander, they could also use the RH shot.

Add in De Brusk?

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I'd have to see the entire plan and obviously I won't.

You probably will in another week or so... our roster is pretty close.  1 forward, and 1 defenceman... how the split looks is up in the air.  I'd want us to invest in a higher quality RHD if at all possible... Matt Roy or Pesce would be my preference. 

• Like 1

Just now, chris12345 said:

Add in De Brusk?

That's the guy I'd prefer.  Would be cheaper than Toffoli, and I'd say the better overall player.  Especially in the playoffs.

Just now, HKSR said:

You probably will in another week or so... our roster is pretty close.  1 forward, and 1 defenceman... how the split looks is up in the air.  I'd want us to invest in a higher quality RHD if at all possible... Matt Roy or Pesce would be my preference. 

Exactly.

So is it Guentzel and Dillion or Toffoli, Pesce, and DeBrusk?

No clue.

I'll never forget just before free agency in 2016 when we were one of the rumoured teams to be in on Stamkos if he got to free agency. Definitely more realistic now and I think I'd almost prefer him to Guentzel. 

• Like 3
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I'll never forget just before free agency in 2016 when we were one of the rumoured teams to be in on Stamkos if he got to free agency. Definitely more realistic now and I think I'd almost prefer him to Guentzel. 

Why would Stammer pick Van? 

9 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Add in De Brusk?

I’d love DeBrusk for his speed but it really depends on his contract ask and what our plans are on the back end. 

We could probably do DeBrusk, Toffoli and Dillon - but we’d be losing some mobility on the back end.  (Zadorov, or whomever.)

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I’d love DeBrusk for his speed but it really depends on his contract ask and what our plans are on the back end. 

We could probably do DeBrusk, Toffoli and Dillon - but we’d be losing some mobility on the back end.  (Zadorov, or whomever.)

Yep I think Z is gone but I have been wrong before.

Stamkos would probably want to stay in Tampa (Florida), that's been his home a long time. So, maybe FLA signs Stammer, freeing up Reinhart to sign with his hometown team. That would be a dream. 

? - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Reinhart - ?

3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Why would Stammer pick Van? 

1) Legitimate chance at another cup or two

2) Will get paid well ... has already made about $100M so money will not be motivating factor

3) Lifestyle ... Vancouver as a city is well regarded in general 

4) Guaranteed to be on a top line with elite players

5) No.5 Orange

6) Will have NMC first 2 years and M-NTC last 2 to give him an out to choose where to go if need be

7) Because TOR, NAS, VEG, CAR all suck massive donkey dong in comparison

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

2) Will get paid well ... has already made about $100M so money will not be motivating factor

5) No.5 Orange

6) Will have NMC first 2 years and M-NTC last 2 to give him an out to choose where to go if need be

Yea I get that but other than No 5 Orange any fan says the same thing about their team (maybe not Chicago haha).

I just legit don't know if there is a real connection. Maybe Tocc?

• chaos 1

6 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

5) No.5 Orange

You missed the biggest one.

Tocchet was his first real NHL coach and he had his second best goal scoring season under him.

• chaos 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Yea I get that but other than No 5 Orange any fan says the same thing about their team (maybe not Chicago haha).

Some of what I wrote obviously in gest but I would hazard a guess that if TB is really off the table then things like connection to a coach, owner, player will have a bit of weight but not a lot. Connections will certainly create an opportunity to have a side discussion at the front of the otherwise unconnected pack. In my ever so humble opinion, if I was an NHL player like Stamkos I would be looking at (1) opportunity to win a cup leaving a legacy there (most important), (2) team culture and team mates already in place (if team full of Sean Avery types giving a toxic work place vide then would pass) and (3) whatever the wife says.

EDIT: See above for @DeNiro's comment ... I genuinely did not know that. Certainly a consideration given what Tic Toc has accomplished this past year, may have to modify my post a bit.

Edited by Rocket-68

16 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Some of what I wrote obviously in gest but I would hazard a guess that if TB is really off the table then things like connection to a coach, owner, player will have a bit of weight but not a lot. Connections will certainly create an opportunity to have a side discussion at the front of the otherwise unconnected pack. In my ever so humble opinion, if I was an NHL player like Stamkos I would be looking at (1) opportunity to win a cup leaving a legacy there (most important), (2) team culture and team mates already in place (if team full of Sean Avery types giving a toxic work place vide then would pass) and (3) whatever the wife says.

EDIT: See above for @DeNiro's comment ... I genuinely did not know that. Certainly a consideration given what Tic Toc has accomplished this past year, may have to modify my post a bit.

Yea Tocc is huge. Winning is too but he could sign anywhere for league minimum if winning trumped all.

I think the Tocc thing is big as is stable ownership and a president.

• chaos 1

35 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Chicago is actually a really nice city compared to a lot in the US.

35 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Sadly that trumps all. If the Canucks offered 2.5 million X 5 years, Stammer says no, wife says she just really REALLY loves Vancouver. Better start packing Stammer

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Canucks have 12 million to sign 2 defencemen and 2 forwards. I don’t think Stamkos really works with that equation, I would start with Zadorov and see what’s left. 

Apparently Big Zeke priced himself out of the market so PA is looking elsewhere for a cheaper player. Never count resigning out but not looking good now.

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Apparently Big Zeke priced himself out of the market so PA is looking elsewhere for a cheaper player. Never count resigning out but not looking good now.

Only hope now that the market isn't as robust Milstein might have thought

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Chicago is actually a really nice city compared to a lot in the US.

It would be an awesome place to play in they are just not a cup contender.

I am in the minority and think there are a lot of excellent US cities to play in.