[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

15 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I take Stammer at 9x3 over Guentzal at 9x7 every day of the week.

He'd be to Petey what Sundin was to Kesler and the Sedins. The more I think about it the more I want him. 

• Cheers 1

Tampa just can't afford him, they only have 5.8 million in space with 18 guys signed. To sign Stamkos back, they need to trade one of their other core guys who are younger and have more left in the tank.

Would love to see him in Vancouver, but I really don't see him leaving the eastern time zone, too much travel.

I could see him landing in Toronto IF they could convince Taveres to waive his NMC AND, they could find someone who would take him without retaining about 3.5 million.

My guess is he lands with a team that gives him a solid chance of winning one more cup. Carolina would be my guess, younger team with lots of upside and has good space available. They have the assets to be the front runner for the final from the east coast next season.  Stamkos could really put them over the top.

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

It would be an awesome place to play in they are just not a cup contender.

I am in the minority and think there are a lot of excellent US cities to play in.

I could see them overpaying to get him to mentor Bedard though.  

• Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Stammer would transform Boeser's game IMO.  What better than to learn from one of the best goal scorers of this generation.

Apparently Stamkos only wants upwards of $5 million year so if that's true, get Stamkos for Miller's line then get a guy like Teravainen or DeBrusk for Petey?

Stamkos - Miller - Boeser

Teravainen/DeBrusk - Petey - Höglander

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podkolzin - Suter - xxxx

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

13 minutes ago, Madskillz said:

9-10 mill for 2 years to get him here to teach Brock and Lekkerimaki some lessons on sniping will be huge for long term. A dream that may come true.

The 2 year 20 million dollar Sundin special?

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes it might be overpaying but he still can score with the best of them and has always been in good shape I don't see him falling off as Sundin who wasn't as mobile when getting older.  If we had a chance to do it if Guentzel is signed elsewhere he would be the next target to have and to get him away from the East would have to give him a good size dollar and we do have that money plus we will be cup contenders his time here.  Playing with Miller or Petey is one of the best 1-2 punch down the middle and can have all 3 centering a line of their own on some nights, we will have more options with Stamkos then we would with Guentzel.

Edited by Madskillz

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But does that mean we have to wait until December?

Also, does it mean Stammer has to shave his head?

So many questions. 

• Haha 3

Stamkos wants to win another Cup, no doubt. Maybe he's looking at who has the best coaching to get him there. Canucks were in the Final 5 teams left standing. Could've been in the Oilers' spot in the Finals.

Tocchet won Coach of the Year.  #91 is now available. Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, The Duke said:

Toffoli for his price point and right handed shot could very well be better bang for your buck than Guentzel. 

Petey needs a finisher - but if it’s him and Hoglander, they could also use the RH shot.

I've been saying this.  He's a play driver and very clutch.  

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Chicago is actually a really nice city compared to a lot in the US.

In fairness, I would guess (haven't checked to be honest) most major sports towns have an 'affluent area' that neither you or I would live in as we're just ordinary working stiffs  (as well of course, 'the other side of the tracks').

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Stamkos wants to win another Cup, no doubt. Maybe he's looking at who has the best coaching to get him there. Canucks were in the Final 5 teams left standing. Could've been in the Oilers' spot in the Finals.

Tocchet won Coach of the Year.  #91 is now available. Fingers crossed.

Well he is certainly looking for more than 24 million 

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

Well he is certainly looking for more than 24 million 

Give him 7.5 x 4 years.... He could very well have that "Sundin" effect on Petey, Miller, Hughes, etc but would do so while still being an elite player. Just imagine a powerplay of Stamkos, Petey, Miller, Boeser and Hughes. 

2 hours ago, zduck14 said:

Oh man. I'd give Stamkos 8 or 9 mil over 3 years in a heartbeat. I'd rather add him over Guentzel or Reinhart even. 

I could see a 7.5x4 

30 m total money 

that leaves us with 7 mill 

Dillon 3 x 3

Duhaime 1.8

silovs .9

cap space = 1.3

• Cheers 1