[RUMOR] Apparently Stamkos Heading to Free Agency per LeBrun

Just now, Bob Long said:

I suspect Detroit lands him but it's fun to think about.

Sure is. Maybe there's something to be said about how much Tocchet likes him too. Maybe that's enough to make Alvin push hard enough to land Stamkos.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I suspect Detroit lands him but it's fun to think about.

If say Van can be as attractive to him as Det.........aside from the close to home factor and Stevie Y, but I think the trio of JR, PA and RT are a pretty formidable 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

If say Van can be as attractive to him as Det.........aside from the close to home factor and Stevie Y, but I think the trio of JR, PA and RT are a pretty formidable 

I'm sure they are pitching him right now in Vegas.

It's compelling for sure, certainly shorter contract and less money than Guentzel, but so much leadership and experience when it matters.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, spook007 said:

He already said no to $24M.... so why would he sign for $16M

(ignoring the 16M). He didn't say no to 24M, he said no to 24M spread over 8 years. 8x3 give him an opportunity for a 4th year at x price... if he wants.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I think Stammer really wants to win 

o could see NYR, CAR 

bit who knows 

Canucks have just as good a chance at a cup as both those teams 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stamkos at $4 million a season would be a steal even if he slows down some, since he's no longer just a scorer.  If we can avoid giving him a clause and give him say 4 years, he'd probably still have something in the tank by then since pure skill rarely just goes away.  Then if we look for depth, even someone smaller but skilled and feisty like Perron could make for another quality winger add IMO.  

21 hours ago, The Duke said:

Toffoli for his price point and right handed shot could very well be better bang for your buck than Guentzel. 

Petey needs a finisher - but if it’s him and Hoglander, they could also use the RH shot.

For name value and for sheer skill, I'd love Stamkos. He's a very rare type of player to acquire. But, thinking pragmatically, I'd agree that Toffoli makes more sense than either him or Guentzel. Cheaper and proven chemistry. The price point alone allows the team to spread the cap around while still adding top end talent.

Option A, B, C : TT, SS, JG

Edited by GreenTercel
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Rather pay Stammer to a short term deal than Guentzel to a long term deal. Who knows. Stranger things have happened 

I he rejected a $24 million contract. A short term would be something like $10 x 2 (in hopes he can get another deal) or 9 x 3. 

I could see Stamkos looking for a team that's a good fit for him.

If it's about $$$ then Utah, Chicago, Detroit and so on will get him.

If he wants a chance at another Cup and doesn't want to play out his final years in obscurity then he's probably looking at Boston, Carolina, Vancouver and so on.     

Chance to Win the Cup - Check

Good Management - GM Nomination, Coach of the Year - Check

Norris Trophy winner - Check

Vezina Finalist - Check 

Playing opportunity with PP time - Check

Familar faces (Miller) -  Check

Travel Schedule - well you can't check all the box's LOL 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

If Stamkos is willing to let his AAV go below $7M with anyone other than TB, I’d be surprised. I don’t take his reported ask to be applicable to all teams - I think that was the biggest discount he was willing to take to stay in TB.

I would bet very good money that we would all be speculating his offer received and asking price were far higher had those numbers not been made public. 

He captained TB to back to back cups and has two rocket Richard trophies - while still being a perennial ppg player.

58 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Tampa trades Sergachev to Utah. Looks like they now have the cap space to re-sign Stamkos

Would be funny if Stamkos was so insulted by their offer he decides to leave anyways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I could see Stamkos looking for a team that's a good fit for him.

If it's about $$$ then Utah, Chicago, Detroit and so on will get him.

If he wants a chance at another Cup and doesn't want to play out his final years in obscurity then he's probably looking at Boston, Carolina, Vancouver and so on.     

Chance to Win the Cup - Check

Good Management - GM Nomination, Coach of the Year - Check

Norris Trophy winner - Check

Vezina Finalist - Check 

Playing opportunity with PP time - Check

Familar faces (Miller) -  Check

Travel Schedule - well you can't check all the box's LOL 

Add to that the Canadian that brought the SC back to Canada... If that isn't enough incentive, nothing ever will be...

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm sure they are pitching him right now in Vegas.

It's compelling for sure, certainly shorter contract and less money than Guentzel, but so much leadership and experience when it matters.

Without doubt... Stone to go LTIR for an amputated leg, and miraculously get is sown back on in time for the play offs... again...

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, GreenTercel said:

For name value and for sheer skill, I'd love Stamkos. He's a very rare type of player to acquire. But, thinking pragmatically, I'd agree that Toffoli makes more sense than either him or Guentzel. Cheaper and proven chemistry. The price point alone allows the team to spread the cap around while still adding top end talent.

Option A, B, C : TT, SS, JG

I really don't want Toffoli here again. Just a similar but now lesser player then Boeser. We can do Guentzel, I think. 

On a side not; Nice Avatar. That took Guts... 😎

I'm also in the camp that would rather have Stamkos for a couple short years vs JG for like 8yrs

Cap flexibility is king. But it looks like TB cleared out a bunch of space to maybe re sign Stamkos?

Stamkos is better than Toffoli by a wide margin

1 hour ago, Beni said:

I'm also in the camp that would rather have Stamkos for a couple short years vs JG for like 8yrs

Cap flexibility is king. But it looks like TB cleared out a bunch of space to maybe re sign Stamkos?

Stamkos is better than Toffoli by a wide margin

Yip. Even an overpay for a short deal for Stamkos. Like three years.

Edited by Rekker

So TBL made a lowball offer to Stamkos that he rejects... then...

TBL makes a bunch of trades to free up cap space... then...

Word is that TBL is gonna go hard after Guentzel.

Talk about slapping your franchise icon in the face.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I'd be happier with Stamkos on a shorter term deal than with Guentzel on a longer term deal

If we're gonna bet on an elite talent, bet on Stamkos 

Yep I’d be good with that.

Im sure they’ve been in contact with both. All about finding a fit.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep I’d be good with that.

Im sure they’ve been in contact with both. All about finding a fit.

He's older than Guentzel, certainly, but he's been an elite tier forward for the longest time and they tend to age better 

Stamkos with Pettersson could be absolute money 

• Cheers 1