[Rumour] NJD Actively Shopping Marino -- Canucks in the mix

5 minutes ago, Barking Bertuzzi said:

Marino or big z tho, if contracts were the same??

Love Zadorov but I’d pick Marino. He plays the right side and for as long as Marino has been in the league he’s been a 20+ minute top 4 dman. The hype of the playoffs is pumping up the want for Zadorov to extend but he’s been in the league for 11 seasons and averages 18 minutes 3rd pairing. The real question is if it’s the same price would you rather have Zadorov+ the pieces you’d need to trade for Marino. Could do both but then no Guentzel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He’s Tanev lite! Matt Roy is a better overall dman but he’s going to get paid 6 mill a season! Marino is locked up for 3 more years at 4.4. Marino is better defensively and on the PK than Roy but Roy is better offensively and isn’t bad at those other things either it’s just Marino is better. Marino would be the perfect partner for Hughes. I don’t like the idea of Hronek not being used to his full potential riding Hughes’ wave! Let Hronek anchor the 2nd pairing like he’s getting paid to do and bring in another guy that can play good defence and let Hughes do his thing!

I agree. We all love Tanev but for the next few years Marino would be a younger, more reliable option who's still really good in his own end himself. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He’s Tanev lite! Matt Roy is a better overall dman but he’s going to get paid 6 mill a season! Marino is locked up for 3 more years at 4.4. Marino is better defensively and on the PK than Roy but Roy is better offensively and isn’t bad at those other things either it’s just Marino is better. Marino would be the perfect partner for Hughes. I don’t like the idea of Hronek not being used to his full potential riding Hughes’ wave! Let Hronek anchor the 2nd pairing like he’s getting paid to do and bring in another guy that can play good defence and let Hughes do his thing!

If Matt Roy is getting $6M then Big Z would probably land around 6.5M per year!!! 

7 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

If Matt Roy is getting $6M then Big Z would probably land around 6.5M per year!!! 

Why?  Matt Roy is a much better overall defenceman.  Arguably the best one on the UFA market this year.

19 minutes ago, Pears said:

I agree. We all love Tanev but for the next few years Marino would be a younger, more reliable option who's still really good in his own end himself. 

Also cheaper than what it would cost to sign Tanev now!

• ThereItIs 1

Trade Z's rights and something else for him?  Not like they need goalies or forwards anymore, so unfortunately it may cost another draft asset.
If the Devils want to improve their PK perhaps they could also add a defensively oriented winger like Podkolzin if we're not going to use him well?

Edited by Phil_314

38 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Also cheaper than what it would cost to sign Tanev now!

But you have to spend an asset to get him and they're pretty much out of those 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

But you have to spend an asset to get him and they're pretty much out of those 

Yeah but if he’s on the market and Walman was a decent Dman and Detroit needed to add a 2nd to get rid of him. Now I’m not suggesting we get a pick for taking him but NJD obviously want cap space. So if you can offer them a deal with no cap space going back it might not be as expensive as you think. Something like Sasson and a 4th round pick might be enough to get it done. Gives NJD 4.4 million in cap space.

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Hughes likes playing with Hronek

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Marino

Dillon - Myers

??

If they could do this and add Guentzel I would be overhwlmed with optimisim for the season but I would swap Dillon and Soucy and run

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Myers

Dillon-Marino

Bottom 4 would get pretty even minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

That makes zero sense .........sign Joshua to a decent deal and then trade the guy who compliments him perfectly?  For a "meh" 4-5 damn?

Totally. I can't see management dismantling one of the best third lines in hockey last season.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Barking Bertuzzi said:

Marino or big z tho, if contracts were the same??

Marino gets 4.4 and the rumour is Zads was offered 4.75 so pretty close, but obviously Zads wants 5+ for a 3rd pair LD. 

Another non phyical D … no thanks. 

he’s a righty should have let Myers go if Marino is in the picture. 
hope we don’t get him we gave  up a lot to get lindholm and zad and we’ll soon have nothing to show for it , just to Then give up even more to get Marino. 

We will need physicality on the D  aside from Juulsen we’ll be pretty soft after zad leaves. 

Edited by Combover

6 minutes ago, Combover said:

hope we don’t get him we gave  up a lot to get lindholm and zad and we’ll soon have nothing to show for it , just to Then give up even more to get Marino. 

We will need physicality on the D  aside from Juulsen we’ll be pretty soft after zad leaves. 

I rather see them take a crack at roy and possibly dillon

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I rather see them take a crack at roy and possibly dillon

Roy and Dillon would be top of my list too.

Need D that match our coach not smaller non physical guys.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Roy and Dillon would be top of my list too.

Need D that match our coach not smaller non physical guys.

My first choice at this point too 

Reports are that the Oilers are trying to unload Kane to make room for an LD extension.........obviously he's not well liked here, but he's still a solid top 6 and has snarl galore.  I think his off ice issues are mostly gone and he's only got two years left

Edited by stawns

16 minutes ago, Combover said:

We have Soucy and Myers.  They're not soft.  Juulsen is not soft... And if they get Dillon or Forbert they aren't soft either.  So as long as they get one other bigger tough d beyond Marino, then that's not a soft d overall. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

My first choice at this point too 

Reports are that the Oilers are trying to unload Kane to make room for an LD extension.........obviously he's not well liked here, but he's still a solid top 6 and has snarl galore.  I think his off ice issues are mostly gone and he's only got two years left

Not Funny Bert GIF