[Rumour] NJD Actively Shopping Marino -- Canucks in the mix

Just now, Bob Long said:

Not Funny Bert GIF

He's got a full nmc for this year and I bet Van is one of the few teams hed waive for, which means he probably comes dirt cheap..........maybe they could even get a sweetener 

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's got a full nmc for this year and I bet Van is one of the few teams hed waive for, which means he probably comes dirt cheap..........maybe they could even get a sweetener 

Why in hell would you want that piece of crap here? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why in hell would you want that piece of crap here? 

Because he can score, plays with snarl and probably comes with a sweetener.  I trust Tocchet and his ability to work with someone like Kane.

Maybe they can get lavoie out of the deal and really add to their centre depth.  Maybe they take suter in return

Kane, lavoie

For 

Suter

Edited by stawns

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Because he can score, plays with snarl and probably comes with a sweetener.  I trust Tocchet and his ability to work with someone like Kane.

Maybe they can get lavoie out of the deal and really add to their centre depth.  Maybe they take suter in return

Kane, lavoie

For 

Suter

I have a good buddy that played junior with Kane and he said the BS you see and hear about in the media about him doesn't begin to describe what kind of POS he is. As much as I like his game, I definitely wouldnt want him in Vancouver.  

You've mentioned many times that you don't want to hurt team chemistry and I feel like Kane is possibly the worst guy for that. 

That said, if anyone can reign him and his arrogance in I'd say it would be Tocchet and Foote. Still not worth the risk to me.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, zduck14 said:

I have a good buddy that played junior with Kane and he said the BS you see and hear about in the media about him doesn't begin to describe what kind of POS he is. As much as I like his game, I definitely wouldnt want him in Vancouver.  

You've mentioned many times that you don't want to hurt team chemistry and I feel like Kane is possibly the worst guy for that. 

That said, if anyone can reign him and his arrogance in I'd say it would be Tocchet and Foote. Still not worth the risk to me.

He's 33 now, id say it's fair to let that go and I'd trust RT to deal with him the right way.  He didn't really have any issues in edmonton

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Kane, lavoie

For 

Suter

Just a terrible idea, sorry. Not only does it help EDM out of a problem we bring in a room problem. He also sucked in the playoffs.

Why would we want this? 

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How much would you be willing to offer for Big Z though?

I'd like him to stay here, but there gets a point it might just be too much salary.

What’s the number and term that was tabled that forced management to walk? That’s the big question and will determine good or bad move. I just really hope I don’t see some ridiculously close contract big Z gets elsewhere that the nucks walked away from. Not to many guys like Big Z out there these days , if any.

2 minutes ago, dannydog said:

What’s the number and term that was tabled that forced management to walk? That’s the big question and will determine good or bad move. I just really hope I don’t see some ridiculously close contract big Z gets elsewhere that the nucks walked away from. Not to many guys like Big Z out there these days , if any.

I wouldn't be shocked if they circle back to him if he doesn't get his price on the open market. Unlikely though 😕

Just now, fuzzy said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they circle back to him if he doesn't get his price on the open market. Unlikely though 😕

Agreed, there’s teams loving the idea he’s hitting free agency. I doubt we get a 2nd chance at signing him for what they turned him down on.

8 hours ago, Barking Bertuzzi said:

Marino or big z tho, if contracts were the same??

If contracts were the same, Big Z all the way. But we are in a cap world and Marino is signed at $4.4 million for another 3 seasons. A perfect stop gap RHD who would align perfectly for Willander pay raise.