Rumor; Canucks interested Devils D-Man, John Marino.

3 hours ago, John McClane said:

Don’t know much about this guy. 

Rutherford and Allvin do.  He played 3 seasons with Pittsburgh and he's only 27.  Cap certainty 4.4 for the next 3 years

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RolexSub said:

Never heard of him either and he is standing at 6ft 1 inch at 181lbs is no where close to Big Z's size and toughness and skills. 

Is he supposed to? Maybe he's there for Soucy or Hughes.

For those who said "No." He is actually a solid defensive RHD at the age of 27 at a very good $4.4 million cap hit. He could be a good partner for Hughes and allow Hronek to anchor is own defensive pair, or you can put him in the second pairing as shut-down RHD. If the cost is right, we should add him to the team because it solidifies the defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

For those who said "No." He is actually a solid defensive RHD at the age of 27 at a very good $4.4 million cap hit. He could be a good partner for Hughes and allow Hronek to anchor is own defensive pair, or you can put him in the second pairing as shut-down RHD. If the cost is right, we should add him to the team because it solidifies the defense.

Yes, and Tanev is 34 and will want more $ AND term because it could be his last contract.  Have at it Leafs 😂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Yes, and Tanev is 34 and will want more $ AND term because it could be his last contract.  Have at it Leafs 😂

Marino would signed for 3 more season (imo, perfect stop-gap along with Myers contract for when Willander will need a raise). I think if we can make it work, this would be a perfect pick up.

37 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Marino would signed for 3 more season (imo, perfect stop-gap along with Myers contract for when Willander will need a raise). I think if we can make it work, this would be a perfect pick up.

Ya, I think you meant that Marino has 3 years remaining on his contract.  He'd have to be traded for.  

53 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Does or can  he clear the front of the net

(180 pounds) 

does he lay big hits 

is he at all physical

does he have any kind of point shot. 

can he stand up for teammates or goaltender 

we have enough guys that don’t do any of those thing we don’t need anymore.  

he’s a meh player and we’d have to give up assets that we really don’t have to get him. 
so he’s a big no thanks for me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Combover said:

Does or can  he clear the front of the net

(180 pounds) 

does he lay big hits 

is he at all physical

does he have any kind of point shot. 

can he stand up for teammates or goaltender 

we have enough guys that don’t do any of those thing we don’t need anymore.  

he’s a meh player and we’d have to give up assets that we really don’t have to get him. 
so he’s a big no thanks for me. 

I don’t even care what he can and can’t do why would be trading more shit away 

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Hughes Hronek

Dillon Marino

Soucy Myers

If they can do that while also getting some form of scoring winger for Petey, I like it!

Yes please

16 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Hughes Hronek

Dillon Marino

Soucy Myers

If they can do that while also getting some form of scoring winger for Petey, I like it!

All Star Yes GIF by Twitter

9 hours ago, RolexSub said:

Never heard of him either and he is standing at 6ft 1 inch at 181lbs is no where close to Big Z's size and toughness and skills. 

So what if he plays like Big Z then? You don't know the player and you're judging him like you do?

9 hours ago, John McClane said:

Don’t know much about this guy. 

What's the point in making this post then?

Edited by PureQuickness

The question is always who are we going to give up for this guy. 

I've never really harped on toughness, but after losing a guy like Zadorov, do we need to find some toughness for the team so we're not being pushed around through the regular season but also in the playoffs? 

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

The question is always who are we going to give up for this guy. 

I've never really harped on toughness, but after losing a guy like Zadorov, do we need to find some toughness for the team so we're not being pushed around through the regular season but also in the playoffs? 

I think even if we kept Zadorov, we need more toughness up front. We have a very weak forward group with the exceptions of Miller and Joshua. I’d like us to bring in a Ross Johnson type player… someone who can fight, hit, intimidate and still play 7-10 minutes a night as a 4th liner.