Jake Guentzel Close to Re-Signing with Carolina, EIGHT-Year Deal

11 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

‘After unloading Mikhail Sergachev and Tanner Jeannot on Day 2 of the draft to open up more cap space, and preparing for Steven Stamkos to walk to unrestricted free agency, the Lightning shot to the top of the list of suitors for Guentzel. On Sunday, they traded for Guentzel’s negotiating rights, sending a 2025 third-rounder back to Carolina.’

And a tax-free state; can’t see him coming to Vancouver now. Would love a Petey winger that’s not over 30 years old but the list is not terribly long (from article on msn.com):

Want to sign a 20g+ scorer under the age of 29? Options are limited: Reinhart (28) Duclair (28) Foegele (28) Debrusk (27) Sprong (27) Not many more under 30 either: Guentzel, Monahan, Teravainen, Bertuzzi, and Mantha. Not an easy UFA goal scoring fix out there.

If Guentzel is out of the running as rumours out there say, then I wouldn't mind Reinhart (assuming he can't get an agreement done with Florida), and Debrusk (pair him with Petey, I think he can become a 30 goal scorer). If not those two guys, then I'd go with Teravainen and Duclair as my next options. Those guys should come relatively cheap. 

15 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Guentzel is out of the running as rumours out there say, then I wouldn't mind Reinhart (assuming he can't get an agreement done with Florida), and Debrusk (pair him with Petey, I think he can become a 30 goal scorer). If not those two guys, then I'd go with Teravainen and Duclair as my next options. Those guys should come relatively cheap. 

Reinhart re-signed just now apparently.