[RUMOUR] Brenden Dillon wants to sign in Vancouver

5 hours ago, Fantomex said:

English is his 2nd language, and he mentioned Zadorov a few times.... 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-general-manager-patrik-allvin-speaks-ahead-of-nhl-draft-and-free-agency

Testing free agency does not mean he will not sign here. Just because a player wants to see what is available to him doesn't mean he's not coming back. We knew he was testing free agency a while ago, this is not new.

Its pretty much what it means. UFA players don't typically resign with their previous team after July 1st.

22 minutes ago, Fantomex said:

I put in more hours a week than Dhali has in his entire desk job life. Nice try tho. Donnie and Dhali are not insiders. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

I love it when people on fan forums who have never had meaningful interaction with professional hockey minds rip guys who are in consistent contact with hockey professionals. It's so cute.

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

There was a time Brisebois we considered a big time 3rd pair piece in the system. Looks to be a career AHLer. As time goes on, you realize the hype between a lot of these kids dies off pretty quickly, especially if they weren't drafted in the 1st or 2nd round. I am not saying they have no chance, but the odds are very low. I wouldn't say "Well we can't sign Zadorov long term cause of Sawyer Mynio." Lol.

I didn't say that at all.

I was just highlighting that we have three legit LHD prospects developing quite nicely. 

And in any case if we resigned Z the ideal scenario would be one of them would take the bottom pairing lhd spot when Soucy contract expired if we had resigned Z anyways IMO.

8 hours ago, Madskillz said:

If he would sign between 3-4 mil for 3 years it's a steal hes better defensively then big Z and would come alot cheaper they had same point total in reg season with Dillion having a +20 to Z +0.

Would give us more cap flexiblities to improve other areas.

How many people has he killed on the ice?lol Need a guy who will make forwards paranoid more than anything else.

Edited by bertuzzi44fan

6 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

How many people has he killed on the ice?lol Need a guy who will make forwards paranoid more than anything else.

If killing other players on the ice helps win Cups those players would be the superstar, we are here to win games and to go far we need players on good contract not overpay a players that tickles your pickles, we offered a good contract that he rejected not that’s fair, we can’t be overpaying a player that has avg 18 mins of ice for his career and has played on 5 different teams before the age of 30 which might be alittle concerning, when things are good it’s easier to be happy and having fun, it’s when the going gets tough his outgoing personality might be a distraction which have been the cause of him being traded.

7 hours ago, rmok said:

The coaches agree.. which is why they played Zads more when it mattered. They eye test also agrees. Soucy makes TONS of myerseque mistakes. Takes in opportune penalties etc. he also is injury prone.. only played 40 games. He may be tall but he is not physical and is not intimidating. He's fine as a third pairing guy.. but he is not a top 4 Dman at all. 

Soucy is definitely a fine third pairing guy. I'm not convinced that Zadorov is a top four defenseman. If he is, why hasn't he had the opportunity to show it earlier in his career? His history doesn't indicate that he's a top four defenseman. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Soucy is definitely a fine third pairing guy. I'm not convinced that Zadorov is a top four defenseman. If he is, why hasn't he had the opportunity to show it earlier in his career? His history doesn't indicate that he's a top four defenseman. 

But his play this year does indicate that. 

They just gave Joshua 3.25 million for 4 years and his history doesn't even indicate he is even an NHL player outside of this year and he is about the same age as Zadorov.. who is a 10 year veteran and hits in ways that actually make a difference in the game. 

Wait till they have to reup Hogz at 5 million next year because of the stupid contract they gave Joshua. .. ya i'm mad about it. Joshua over Zadorov is dumb as fuck. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Fantomex said:

Rick Dhaliwal needs to stop pretending like he's some sort of insider. "With Zadorov gone..".. Has he signed elsewhere? No? Then shut the fuck up with the speculation like it's fact. You know nothing sir, stop pretending like you do. 

Who cares? Rick Dhaliwal is a fucking treasure and should not be taken seriously. My theory is that insiders don’t actually exist. They’re just guys who are great at educated guessing. 

15 hours ago, Fantomex said:

It was reported a while ago that he was going to test free agency, and no he is not. He literally parrots EF at every turn. He never breaks any news, nor does he ever have any original information. He's the new Eklund.

Well that's kind of what an insider is, you report the info you hear.

Like him or not he is an insider.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Fantomex said:

Rick Dhaliwal needs to stop pretending like he's some sort of insider. "With Zadorov gone..".. Has he signed elsewhere? No? Then shut the fuck up with the speculation like it's fact. You know nothing sir, stop pretending like you do. 

The team literally publicly announced that Zadorov won’t be back… what are you on about?

Dhali is by a long shot the most valid insider for the Canucks.  He knows and is in contact with most agents and many players.

As long as you filter what he says through the lens of knowing that agents don’t always tell the truth, then you can glean tons of information from what he says.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

12 hours ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

TRADE SOUCY AND SIGN BIG Z..YOU SPEND MORE MONEY TO REPLACE SOUCY THAT HAS MORE OFFENCE...

I am with you on this I think we are under rating Big Z. He brings much more then Soucy but I think the team is rating him as a 5/6 defenseman.

Its all about what fits and when Zadz came that bumped Soucy down the line. 

IMHO we are cheaping out in the wrong places and trading Soucy woud free up the space to sign Zads and still go after that big top 6 winger, which I think is a mistake too. 

We are doing a Toronto/Edmonton and not keeping the team balanced.

I have liked everything they(management) have been doing lately but I am not liking this latest direction.