[RUMOUR] Brenden Dillon wants to sign in Vancouver

6 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not convinced that Zadorov is a top four defenseman. If he is, why hasn't he had the opportunity to show it earlier in his career? His history doesn't indicate that he's a top four defenseman. 

5 hours ago, rmok said:

But his play this year does indicate that.

Dont confuse "this year" with 10 playoff games. He was #6 amongst canucks dmen in TOI with a career low 17:04 average in his 54 regular season games.

• Cheers 4

31 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am with you on this I think we are under rating Big Z. He brings much more then Soucy but I think the team is rating him as a 5/6 defenseman.

Its all about what fits and when Zadz came that bumped Soucy down the line. 

IMHO we are cheaping out in the wrong places and trading Soucy woud free up the space to sign Zads and still go after that big top 6 winger, which I think is a mistake too. 

We are doing a Toronto/Edmonton and not keeping the team balanced.

I have liked everything they(management) have been doing lately but I am not liking this latest direction. 

You’re overrating Zadorov, we can acquire Dillon who can do what Zadorov does at about about half the cost of Z too 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re overrating Zadorov, we can acquire Dillon who can do what Zadorov does at about about half the cost of Z too 

Your opinion, mine is that he is a top 4 dman and Dillon is not. I don't think injury prone Soucy and Myers are a 3/4 defenseman on a contender either. We are basically just cheaping out on our Dcore to buy a shiny new UFA. A mistake IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Your opinion, mine is that he is a top 4 dman and Dillon is not. I don't think injury prone Soucy and Myers are a 3/4 defenseman on a contender either. We are basically just cheaping out on our Dcore to buy a shiny new UFA. A mistake IMO.

Zadorov is not a top 4 dman he was deployed as a 6th dman behind Soucy and Cole 

• Confused 1

I'm perfectly fine with Juulsen as a #6 on the ice.....but I'm not fine with Juulsen being a #6 on paper.  One injury to the D and we're a different team.  Not to mention that while Juulsen has been much improved and very physical, he does put the team in vulnerable positions sometimes.

At this point I think we need 2 strong D.....not sure how that happens without moving on from JG.

1 hour ago, Coryberg said:

Dont confuse "this year" with 10 playoff games. He was #6 amongst canucks dmen in TOI with a career low 17:04 average in his 54 regular season games.

When hockey was being played at the highest level Zadorov showed he not only can handle it he can raise the level of the team and lead them like a 1-2 guy. 

Just because coaches weren't giving him more ice time didn't mean he didn't deserve it and I really believe once a team gives him more minutes his game will grow and he'll dominate like he did in the playoffs.

Canucks are making a big mistake not signing Zadorov no doubt in my mind.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

When hockey was being played at the highest level Zadorov showed he not only can handle it he can raise the level of the team and lead them like a 1-2 guy. 

Just because coaches weren't giving him more ice time didn't mean he didn't deserve it and I really believe once a team gives him more minutes his game will grow and he'll dominate like he did in the playoffs.

Canucks are making a big mistake not signing Zadorov no doubt in my mind.

This. Zadorov replaced Soucy when he was out of the line up and I actually preferred him over Soucy. I really think when a team gives him the opportunity, he is going to thrive. That opportunity hasn't been afforded to him yet by a team and we are going to regret it when it happens.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, Déjà Vu said:

Big Z wants to much, so i dont mind Z walking cause brenden dillion would be amazing in big z spot, so really no loss on big Z, just extra money to sign someone else 😛 and looking at dillions previous seasons hes always had a great plus/minus

How much does Big Z want? How much??

2 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

If no Zadorov and no Dillon next year than who else is in the free agent/trade market that fits the mold of a big solid left side defensemen?. 

Dont know how i would feel about this.  He was solid in the regular season but I think all the miles/age caught up with him in the playoffs.   Instead of Guentzel (who i think tampa will go hard after) how would fans feel about Cole Lindholm coming back....

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Dont know how i would feel about this.  He was solid in the regular season but I think all the miles/age caught up with him in the playoffs.   Instead of Guentzel (who i think tampa will go hard after) how would fans feel about Cole Lindholm coming back....

Replace Big Z with Cole. 

Lets Go 90S GIF by Offline Granny!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Im good with it on a one year deal for around 2 mil. 

They would need to look to manage his minutes better during the season though. He was done by the second round.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

COLE!!!? The guy single handedly lost us a couple of playoff games, no thanks. 

Canucks were in on Marino....and with Rick tweeting that it doesn't look like the Canucks are after Dillion, tells me they are prioritizing more mobility and puck moving ability on the backend. 

IMO, that was the greater weakness in the playoffs that was exposed and led to us having to play a lot in our own zone was that besides Hughes, no one else could help pusht he puck up ice to our forwards. 

• Like 2