[RUMOUR] Brenden Dillon wants to sign in Vancouver

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

This. Zadorov replaced Soucy when he was out of the line up and I actually preferred him over Soucy. I really think when a team gives him the opportunity, he is going to thrive. That opportunity hasn't been afforded to him yet by a team and we are going to regret it when it happens.

Completely agree and watching Soucy down the stretch and playoffs he to me looked behind the play and didn't look anywhere near as good as he did earlier in the season. Hopefully he's healthy and that's all it was because theres no way he could handle top 4 minutes from what I saw.

Then to have chaos giraffe who when with Soucy spent their entire shifts in their own zone just trying to survive with Myers as usual tired and a hunched over statue net front unable to pressure anyone letting players skate circles around him and then forced to take penalties is a scary top 4 scenario that will definitely not turn out well.

Both guys imo should be 10-14 minutes guys at most and hopefully Myers doesn't slow with age which most do.

I would've signed Zadorov and Tanev and used Juulsen on the the 3rd pair for cheaper and had an awesome strong top 4 

Hughes-Tanev

Big Z-Hronek

Juulsen-Soucy 

And with Demko behind that almost a sure Cup threat especially if Toffoli and Lekkerimaki could boost the top 6 and powerplay in which they definitely would.

Edited by MoneyMiller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks were in on Marino....and with Rick tweeting that it doesn't look like the Canucks are after Dillion, tells me they are prioritizing more mobility and puck moving ability on the backend. 

IMO, that was the greater weakness in the playoffs that was exposed and led to us having to play a lot in our own zone was that besides Hughes, no one else could help pusht he puck up ice to our forwards. 

yup very well said

i think we sign Carrier as our 2nd pair RD

its not hard to find a 3rd pair LD. They'll get a bargain in UFA or a cheap 3rd pair LD via trade. 

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Carrier

CheapLD-Myers

Most important thing is we'll have great puck movers in our top4, which in the playoffs can play 80% of our 5v5 time between them

• Like 1

WELL LOOK AT THE HOCKEY GAMESWHEN BIG Z WAS IN IT..YOU CAN NOT LET TEAMS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE D CORE ..YOU NEED THE TEAM TO SHOW THAT NOBODY WILL BE TAKING CHEAP SHOTS AT CANUCKS DEFENCE OR GOALIE...BETTER FIND A BIGGER GUY WITH THE SAME MENTAL ATTITUDE..

Edited by HOCKEYGOD77
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was 6th on time on ice no amount of your crying changes that. 

He wasn't a 6th defenseman in the playoffs when the Canucks needed someone to step up you're in denial buddy.

Arguably Zadorov was better and made more of a positive impact for his team than Hughes and Hronek so your take is very biased and lacks sense.

Edited by MoneyMiller
  • Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, MoneyMiller said:

He wasn't a 6th defenseman in the playoffs when the Canucks needed someone to step up you're in denial buddy.

Arguably Zadorov was better and made more of a positive impact for his team than Hughes and Hronek so your take is very biased and lacks sense.

Yeah he along with Myers were the least banged up, healthy Hronek and Hughes out perform Zadorov easily and it’s not even close. 

6 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

It’s ok to love Z. I do and wish him resigned but let’s not pretend he’s anything close to Quinn or Hronek 

• Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was 6th on time on ice no amount of your crying changes that. 

:classic_biggrin: Yeah because that is how we assess players. Soucy is a 3 milion dollar player and I highly doubt anyone resigns Cole for any amount. But you go ahead and believe Soucy/Myers is a legit 3/4 dmen on a cup contending team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

Completely agree and watching Soucy down the stretch and playoffs he to me looked behind the play and didn't look anywhere near as good as he did earlier in the season. Hopefully he's healthy and that's all it was because theres no way he could handle top 4 minutes from what I saw.

Then to have chaos giraffe who when with Soucy spent their entire shifts in their own zone just trying to survive with Myers as usual tired and a hunched over statue net front unable to pressure anyone letting players skate circles around him and then forced to take penalties is a scary top 4 scenario that will definitely not turn out well.

Both guys imo should be 10-14 minutes guys at most and hopefully Myers doesn't slow with age which most do.

I would've signed Zadorov and Tanev and used Juulsen on the the 3rd pair for cheaper and had an awesome strong top 4 

Hughes-Tanev

Big Z-Hronek

Juulsen-Soucy 

And with Demko behind that almost a sure Cup threat especially if Toffoli and Lekkerimaki could boost the top 6 and powerplay in which they definitely would.

Totally agree, why have our top 2 Puck movers on the same line? I noticed a lot of physicality towards Hughes too and he should have had a big stay at home defenseman beside him anyway. 

We need that top 4 to be solid and we are weakening ourselves relying on injury prone Soucy and chaos giraffe Myers. 

I agree with Toffoli too, we need that guy who will go to the net and cause chaos and room for more skilled smaller players(ALAPetey).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s ok to love Z. I do and wish him resigned but let’s not pretend he’s anything close to Quinn or Hronek 

Hughes and Hronek as much as I really like them their games weren't what I was hoping for they could've done much more and Big Z did do much more.

Playoffs are a different beast where you separate the men from the boys and Miller's play vs EP's was a big example of that.

Anyway of course most of you miss the point and that's not that Zadorov should get Hughes and Hronek money he isn't asking for that but he's in that next tier and much better than some of you are aware of and a much bigger loss than you think.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

:classic_biggrin: Yeah because that is how we assess players. Soucy is a 3 milion dollar player and I highly doubt anyone resigns Cole for any amount. But you go ahead and believe Soucy/Myers is a legit 3/4 dmen on a cup contending team. 

We were 1 win away from beating Edmonton, the only team that gave them trouble until Florida. Sorry facts hurt your feelings. 

1 minute ago, MoneyMiller said:

Hughes and Hronek as much as I really like them their games weren't what I was hoping for they could've done much more and Big Z did do much more.

Playoffs are a different beast where you separate the men from the boys and Miller's play vs EP's was a big example of that.

Anyway of course most of you miss the point and that's not that Zadorov should get Hughes and Hronek money he isn't asking for that but he's in that next tier and much better than some of you are aware of and a much bigger loss than you think.

Yeah, you definitely win Norris trophies being worse than fucking Zadorov. Holy christ the glazing is ridiculous. 😂

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah he along with Myers were the least banged up, healthy Hronek and Hughes out perform Zadorov easily and it’s not even close. 

.....but you have to keep them healthy and neither is going to be able to stick up for each other are they? Expect Hronek/Hughes to continue to get banged up if they stay together in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

I’m not missing the point, it’s a shit comparison. That said I’d pay big Z idgaf

Edited by Devron
  • Cheers 1