[RUMOUR] Brenden Dillon wants to sign in Vancouver

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

He complements them , which is needed. Sadly Soucy and Myers do not do that. 

Soucy and Myers on the third pair would be deadly with Big Z and a UFA righty on the second pair 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

We were 1 win away from beating Edmonton, the only team that gave them trouble until Florida. Sorry facts hurt your feelings. 

Hurt my feelings? Sorry there bud. Not even close. I think there is a lot more of OPINIONS around here then FACTS. Mine is that I think Big Z is a top 4 dman and is ahead of Soucy in depth. Agree, disagree I really don't care. :classic_biggrin:

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, you definitely win Norris trophies being worse than fucking Zadorov. Holy christ the glazing is ridiculous. 😂

Calm down there "Bro", you seem to be getting elevated. :classic_laugh:

A friendly discussion is being had here don't get too excited. 

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Hurt my feelings? Sorry there bud. Not even close. I think there is a lot more of OPINIONS around here then FACTS. Mine is that I think Big Z is a top 4 dman and is ahead of Soucy in depth. Agree, disagree I really don't care. :classic_biggrin:

He was 6th in ice time behind Soucy during the season FACT and you facepalmed that based on feelings. 

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You’re grossly overrating Zadorov while underrating Myers and Soucy especially Myers at basically half the salary from last year too 

Again, your opinion. Mine is that I see Z having more to give then what we have seen. And I am sure going too miss thinking the thought that McDavid might be just a tad apprehensive when he wants to skate in our Dzone at full speed, but I guess everyone's idea of fun entertaining hockey is different. 

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

management disagrees, and the vast body of work for zadorov says hes a really good third pair defenseman who can fill in on the 2nd pair in a pinch.

by no means should he be our preferred/starting 2nd pair dman, certainly not at 5.5m or whatever. 

happy management showed restraint. teams that go nowhere overpay in ufa. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was 6th in ice time behind Soucy during the season FACT and you facepalmed that based on feelings. 

Regular season or the playoffs? :classic_biggrin: 

You need to be more specific because I don't give a flying F@#) wht happens in the regular season TBH. :classic_tongue:

I think the love-affair for some regarding Zadorov, is due to the fact the Canucks haven't had a big Dman like him in years, who punishes opponents. No need to fret though, Zadorov will either re-sign or the Canucks will get another big Dman. Tocchet will get the team on the same page next season. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

You need to be more specific because I don't give a flying F@#) wht happens in the regular season TBH. :classic_tongue:

You need a good regular season to get to the playoffs 😉 but ignorance is bliss. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Norris winner>6th dman and it is not even debatable. 

I actually wasn't even reading what you said in that quote. You just seemed like you were getting a little too emotional. 😊

Just now, Nucker67 said:

I think the love-affair for some regarding Zadorov, is due to the fact the Canucks haven't had a big Dman like him in years, who punishes opponents. No need to fret though, Zadorov will either re-sign or the Canucks will get another big Dman. Tocchet will get the team on the same page next season. 

This is the Brian Burke he’s 6’6 mentality 

Just now, EdgarM said:

I actually wasn't even reading what you said in that quote. You just seemed like you were getting a little too emotional. 😊

Not at all was emphasizing a point, not all uses of fuck are emotional. Maybe reading and comprehending should be done before commenting no? 

6 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

management disagrees, and the vast body of work for zadorov says hes a really good third pair defenseman who can fill in on the 2nd pair in a pinch.

by no means should he be our preferred/starting 2nd pair dman, certainly not at 5.5m or whatever. 

happy management showed restraint. teams that go nowhere overpay in ufa. 

I agree, management disagrees I see that, hence why they signed Myers and are letting Z go. No argument there.

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

You need a good regular season to get to the playoffs 😉 but ignorance is bliss. 

Oh hasn't it been fun winning Presidents Trophies and then losing in the playoffs for decades? Fun times. :classic_biggrin:

Sixteen teams make the playoffs, but only ONE wins the cup, just saying.

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh hasn't it been fun winning Presidents Trophies and then losing in the playoffs for decades? Fun times. :classic_biggrin:

Sixteen teams make the playoffs, but only ONE wins the cup, just saying.

Wow this is new information, I was unaware only one team could win the cup. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Dont know how i would feel about this.  He was solid in the regular season but I think all the miles/age caught up with him in the playoffs.   Instead of Guentzel (who i think tampa will go hard after) how would fans feel about Cole Lindholm coming back....

Not ideal but we was pretty solid before he got injured and he was forced to play the right side a lot later in the year since the team had nobody else, I think if he comes

back and stays on the left side he will be at least adequate imo. Especially if we bring back Tanev and have him as Cole’s partner. 

4 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Not ideal but we was pretty solid before he got injured and he was forced to play the right side a lot later in the year since the team had nobody else, I think if he comes

back and stays on the left side he will be at least adequate imo. Especially if we bring back Tanev and have him as Cole’s partner. 

If you sign Tanev I think the question is who do you pair with Hronek. 

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Dont know how i would feel about this.  He was solid in the regular season but I think all the miles/age caught up with him in the playoffs.   Instead of Guentzel (who i think tampa will go hard after) how would fans feel about Cole Lindholm coming back....

I mean Cole-Juulsen/Friedman actually had really great stretches of play last season and also Cole was a great pker.

He also was one of our best dmen vs Nashville

But hes aging and the market really soured on him vs Edmonton as he had that stretch of bad luck and with his foot injury or whatever slowing him down even more.

I dont know as a back up option if it meant we were upgrading the forward group seriously I would be okay with it but would really prefer Dillon

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Totally agree, why have our top 2 Puck movers on the same line? I noticed a lot of physicality towards Hughes too and he should have had a big stay at home defenseman beside him anyway. 

We need that top 4 to be solid and we are weakening ourselves relying on injury prone Soucy and chaos giraffe Myers. 

I agree with Toffoli too, we need that guy who will go to the net and cause chaos and room for more skilled smaller players(ALAPetey).

Completely agree and the underlying stats say the same and that's Myers and Soucy were always stuck in their zone and couldn't defend and get the puck out in the playoffs.

If its just Soucy and Myers as a 2nd pair theyll be in over theit heads against good lines and we'll be seeing a lot of Myers hunched over in front of his net gassed and unable to move or catch anyone and then taking stupid penalties he always foolishly complains about lol

Hearing these foolish poor takes that say Zadorov is a 6th defender and that the Canucks will be just fine losing a guy who was a complete beast in the playoffs is ridiculous. The guy was basically leading his team to victory most games and not allowing defeat, throwing massive hits, making elite rushes, clearing the net front, and scoring huge goals, while doing great defending and intimidating, wearing down and hurting the opposition allowing all his teammates to play confident and know they're safe and protected!

These fans thinking the extra 2.5 for Zadorov isn't worth it but yet are ok with that 3M gift to chaos giraffe Myers mediocre a$$ shows these fans hockey sense is clearly lacking and no use us even chatting hockey with them its a waste of time.

Good to see you know what's really up and can make proper judgement and sense of it all though.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, MoneyMiller said:

Completely agree and the underlying stats say the same and that's Myers and Soucy were always stuck in their zone and couldn't defend and get the puck out in the playoffs.

If its just Soucy and Myers as a 2nd pair theyll be in over theit heads against good lines and we'll be seeing a lot of Myers hunched over in front of his net gassed and unable to move or catch anyone and then taking stupid penalties he always foolishly complains about lol

Hearing these foolish poor takes that say Zadorov is a 6th defender and that the Canucks will be just fine losing a guy who was a complete beast in the playoffs is ridiculous. The guy was basically leading his team to victory most games and not allowing defeat, throwing massive hits, making elite rushes, clearing the net front, and scoring huge goals, while doing great defending and intimidating, wearing down and hurting the opposition allowing all his teammates to play confident and know they're safe and protected!

These fans thinking the extra 2.5 for Zadorov isn't worth it but yet are ok with that 3M gift to chaos giraffe Myers mediocre a$$ shows these fans hockey sense is clearly lacking and no use us even chatting hockey with them its a waste of time.

Good to see you know what's really up and can make proper judgement and sense of it all though.

Thank you for this I was beginning to think I was in the Twilight Zone or something. :classic_biggrin:

Hughes was getting BEAT UP and I can't believe these guys didn't see that. I think our Norris trophy winner needs to be protected AT ALL COSTS! He is kinda valuable to us and can't help us if he is in sick bay. 

Another thing, we have been intimidated and pushed around for so long(Petey body slammed, Boeser pasted to the boards, Sedins repeatedly injured/attacked, Nazzy elbowed and now Hughes) but we think Zadorov is going to be too expensive? 

Maybe we think we can just get another finger biter again and we will be all OK. :classic_laugh:

No offense to Burroughs but we need a balanced team in the playoffs and I am not seeing that without a dman like Z. 

He brings so much to the table I don't think even 6 is too much. We paid Myers that 5 years ago and I see Z as the defenseman we WISHED Myers was going to bring us back then. Just pay him and move on, he is a core piece to our success.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Thank you for this I was beginning to think I was in the Twilight Zone or something. :classic_biggrin:

Hughes was getting BEAT UP and I can't believe these guys didn't see that. I think our Norris trophy winner needs to be protected AT ALL COSTS! He is kinda valuable to us and can't help us if he is in sick bay. 

Another thing, we have been intimidated and pushed around for so long(Petey body slammed, Boeser pasted to the boards, Sedins repeatedly injured/attacked, Nazzy elbowed and now Hughes) but we think Zadorov is going to be too expensive? 

Maybe we think we can just get another finger biter again and we will be all OK. :classic_laugh:

No offense to Burroughs but we need a balanced team in the playoffs and I am not seeing that without a dman like Z. 

He brings so much to the table I don't think even 6 is too much. We paid Myers that 5 years ago and I see Z as the defenseman we WISHED Myers was going to bring us back then. Just pay him and move on, he is a core piece to our success.

While Zadorov is a good piece he’s far from a core piece to anyone’s success. And just because some of us are ok if Zadorov is not the guy doesn’t mean we welcome open season on Quinn that is a weak straw man at best. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

While Zadorov is a good piece he’s far from a core piece to anyone’s success. And just because some of us are ok if Zadorov is not the guy doesn’t mean we welcome open season on Quinn that is a weak straw man at best. 

Well after watching years and years of Canuck hockey, we are very weak in the intimidation department and even more so in the playoffs.

Last year that was different. It was better but we could have improved by finding tougher replacements for players like PDG, Aman, Suter and the like. 

I don't know how else you limit "Open Season" on Hughes without improving team toughness. The big problem nowadays is to find those players who can also play hockey. Big Z is that guy.  

9 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I do.That is called enjoying watching games.

• Cheers 1