2024 NHL Draft Canucks Edition (To the 3rd round and beyond!!!!!)

Provided no deals or changes:

3rd Round

93rd overall

4th Round

125th overall

6th Round

162nd overall

189th overall

7th Round

221st overall

As per Sportnet:

POTENTIAL ROUND 3 OPTIONS

Jack Pridham, RW, West Kelowna, BCHL

Ranked 65th among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting, Pridham produced 48 points in 54 games in the BCHL and will be playing next season at Boston University as a teammate of 2023 first-round Canucks pick Tom Willander. Pridham is regarded as a smart player whose platform is built on strong, superior skating.

Christian Humphreys, C, USNDT

The five-foot-11 centre from Pittsburgh was a point-per-game player in the powerful U.S. development program. He has high hockey-IQ, two-way chops and potentially a higher offensive ceiling than what he has shown among higher-ranked teammates. Humphreys was 71st in Central Scouting’s final ranking of North Americans.

Gabriel Eliasson, D, HV71 Jrs, SWEDEN

The six-foot-seven defenceman is among the many mid-round wildcards who could be claimed significantly higher or lower than where Vancouver picks. He has Tyler Myers’ height, but nothing close to the Canuck’s offensive ability. But Eliasson is a wrecking ball on the ice, mobile for his size, and constantly in search of contact.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I would cross my fingers that Luke Osburn is still around by the 93rd pick. He is a defenseman I would take if available.

I think Humphreys should be available at 93 as well but I would choose Osburn over him.

I think Colton Roberts, Leon Muggli, and Miguel Marques go in the second round. Players I'd like if they fell or Vancouver traded up to.

My approach would be simple, trust the amateur scouts and take the best players available. Two centers, 2 defensemen (left and right) plus one goaltender.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

POTENTIAL ROUND 3 OPTIONS

Jack Pridham, RW, West Kelowna, BCHL

Ranked 65th among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting, Pridham produced 48 points in 54 games in the BCHL and will be playing next season at Boston University as a teammate of 2023 first-round Canucks pick Tom Willander. Pridham is regarded as a smart player whose platform is built on strong, superior skating.

Read about him in brief, and I hope we try for him; 6'2" power forward description, though it sounds like he might be limited to a bottom-6 role.  If management believes they can turn him into something viable as a heavy winger in the future, the 3rd round might be a place for this kind of swing.  

• Like 1