[TRADE] Penguins Acquire Kevin Hayes

Penguins Acquire Kevin Hayes

June 29th, 2024 at 10:52am CST • By Gabriel Foley

The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired center Kevin Hayes from the St. Louis Blues, per Frank Seravalli of the Daily Faceoff (Twitter link).

More to come…

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/penguins-acquire-kevin-hayes.html#ref=home

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

This and the Walman deal shows how our slight drop in draft position to send off Mik was masterclass 

I hate moving high picks, but yeah, it'll probably work out well for the roster

At first I was like "I thought they were trying to rebuild." Then I seen they took a 2nd rounder back for taking Hayes and it made sense. Weaponize the cap, get draft picks. Sucks to see Crosby's final year(s) spent on a rebuilder. But it happens to the best of legends, unless they leave for a contender.

1 hour ago, JeremyCuddles said:

At first I was like "I thought they were trying to rebuild." Then I seen they took a 2nd rounder back for taking Hayes and it made sense. Weaponize the cap, get draft picks. Sucks to see Crosby's final year(s) spent on a rebuilder. But it happens to the best of legends, unless they leave for a contender.

We can give them a second to send Crosby our way.

• Vintage 1